Updates & Downloads
GTN PC Trainer Lite software version 5.00.1
as of May 29, 2014
View installation instructions
The GTN PC Trainer Lite simulates the behavior of the GTN avionics interface and provides you with a safe, on-the-ground environment to learn the basic operation of the system. This trainer application operates on Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, and Windows® 7 platforms (Mac® operating systems are not supported). See also System Requirements.
- The GTN PC Trainer Lite version 5.00.1 and higher includes:
- Simulated touch interface - interact with the system, graphically edit flight plans, and much more using the mouse cursor
- Garmin SafeTaxi - view detailed airport information on the moving map
- Garmin FliteCharts - view electronic versions of AeroNav terminal procedures charts
- High resolution terrain maps and TAWS-B audible alerts, now with worldwide terrain data
- Interactive ADS-B Target Trend traffic simulation
- Simulated GDL 69 SiriusXM® and GDL 88 FIS-B weather data
- GWX 70 weather radar simulation
- GSR 56 Iridium worldwide weather Europe demo (see PC Trainer User?s Guide)
- WAAS FDE Prediction Program and instructions
- GTN PC Trainer User's Guide, Pilot's Guides, and Cockpit Reference Guides
- Resizable application window to fit most screen resolutions
The 'Lite' version of the GTN Trainer provides terrain data only for North and Central America. The full version trainer, which is included with the purchase of a GTN Series product or separately on DVD, includes worldwide terrain and integrated GDU 620 PC Trainer.
- System Requirements
- 2.4GHz dual core processor or equivalent
- Windows® XP or higher
- 1.95GB free hard disk space; 4GB for installation
- 256MB 3D accelerated graphics card or higher
- Support for OpenGL 1.5 or later
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher recommended
Due to the graphics- and memory-intensive nature of the GTN PC Trainer, it should be the only application running on your PC. In some cases, even if your computer meets the minimum system requirements, the trainer may not function properly. This is sometimes due to the unique configuration of each computer and the extra processes that are utilized by that computer.
- Click on 'Download' and save the file to your computer. Choose a location where you can easily locate the file once the download is complete. The file may take 5-30 minutes or more to download, depending on internet connection speed. A high-speed internet connection is recommended.
- Locate and run the saved file titled GTNPCTrainerLite_5001.exe.
- Click Setup on the WinZip Self-Extractor dialog. Once temporary installation files are extracted, InstallShield will launch automatically.
Follow the instructions presented by the InstallShield wizard.
Note: On Windows® Vista and Windows® 7, User Account Control (UAC) may present a dialog to request permission to install software. An administrator password may be required. For more information on UAC, visit Microsoft's web site.