Updates & Downloads
Training Center Legacy Version software version 3.5.3
as of February 16, 2010
View installation instructions
- Minimum supported OS is Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or greater
Changes made from version 3.5.1 to 3.5.3:
- Added support for workouts on the Garmin Edge 500 cycling computer.
- Updated application to send speed zones to the Edge 500.
- Fixed an issue where Garmin Training Center would crash when transferring certain user data sets to older Garmin fitness devices.
- Fixed issue where the application could crash when displaying elevation graphs with erroneous data values.
- Fixed issue with inablity to update from within Garmin Training Center.
- Fixed issue with Training Center not properly exporting power targets if the steps containing these target values were found within a repeat step.
- Fixed issue with compatibility on Spanish localized Windows 7 computers.
- Fixed issue with smoothed graphs not being displayed properly if there was a secondary graph displayed in the rightmost graph position.
- Fixed issue where the Workout Transfer dialog was not properly updating its interface when sending data to a mass storage fitness device.
- Fixed issue with the number of seconds not being properly displayed in some interface elements.
- Improved the robustness of importing courses with invalid trackpoint values.
- Fixed issue where workouts imported into Garmin Training Center with existing power targets were not being properly exported as TCX files with the same power targets.
- Added code to prevent failures when importing workouts with unsupported target and/or duration types in the steps.
- Corrected an issue with the exporting of metabolic zones to the Edge 500.
- Fixed issue where Training Center could fail when a user compared two courses and then subsequently clicked on one of the courses after closing the comparison dialog.
- Modified application to disable the 'Show Zones' button when displaying graphs for course items.
Changes made from version 3.4.5 to 3.5.1:
- Added support for Garmin Edge 500 cycling computer.
- Added the ability to display power data when present in user activities.
- Added the capability to import gpx files as activities and export activities and courses as gpx files.
- Fixed issue where a user would be repeatedly required to choose between the application and device user profile during user data transfers to certain devices. This could occur in situations where the resting heart rate was set in the application's profile.
- Fixed issue where transition information would be removed from a Multisport activity if the activity was dragged and dropped into a different folder.
- Updated map drawing code.
- Deprecated support for Forerunner Logbook files.
- Improved application auto-update feature.
- Fixed issue where application could have a fatal exception in certain situations during program exit.
- Fixed issue where importing certain tcx files could cause the application to crash.
- Fixed issue where application could fail in certain situations when reading in workouts with steps with power targets.
Changes made from version 3.4.3 to 3.4.5:
- Fixed an issue where Training Center would crash when importing a non-GPS activity from a Forerunner 405 in certain localized builds.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would not properly import Multisport activities from a Forerunner 310XT.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would not send user profile data to a FR60.
- Fixed issue where courses generated in Training Center would cause the Edge 705 to not auto-lap correctly.
- Fixed issue related to the generation of binary backup files when a new user account was created in Training Center.
- Fixed issue with automatically restoring the Training Center database using binary backup files.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would not work correctly if the user had unlock codes installed on the computer that contained lowercase letters.
Changes made from version 3.4.1 to 3.4.3:
- Localized application into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazilian), and Swedish.
- Fixed issue where incorrect workout icons were being displayed in some localized versions.
- Fixed issue where localized speed zone names were being truncated when sent to the device.
- Added performance improvements and stability upgrades to new map rendering technology.
- Fixed issue that prevented Garmin Training Center from running correctly when Garmin US Topo 24K National Parks Central v3 was installed.
- Fixed issue where workouts with power targets were creating a problem when a user would send his workouts to a Forerunner 405.
Changes made from version 3.3.4 to 3.4.1:
- Added basic communication support for the Forerunner 405 via the Garmin ANT Agent.
- Added resting heart rate field to the user profile dialog to support the Forerunner 405.
- Changed calculation of the default heart rate zones calculations to use resting heart rate information (Karvonen method), when available. This feature will only currently be of use to Forerunner 405 customers.
- Fixed problem with coursepoint icons being missing in the coursepoint dialog.
- Modified default user profile provided by Garmin Training Center to be consistent with that used in the Forerunner 305 and 405.
- Modified history input routines to be able to selectively ignore invalid activities for certain device types. For these devices, we would be able to receive all valid history and not have the transfer fail part way through when an invalid activity was encountered.
- Added new rendering technology for map drawing.
- Modified access to viewing data in Google Earth to make the 'View Selected Item' function more accessible and warn users that the 'View All Data in Google Earth' can be a lengthy process.
Changes made from version 3.3.2 to 3.3.4:
- Added basic communication support for the Garmin Edge 705.
- Fixed issue with Workout and Device transfers to devices in certain localized versions of the Garmin Training Center.
- Fixed issue where the application failed to properly export certain items to Training Center Database documents.
- Fixed issue where Garmin Training Center would fail when the user would modify notes and then directly exit the application.
Changes made from version 3.2.3 to 3.3.2:
- Added a feature to create Garmin Training Center user accounts and associate multiple devices within them. Provided the facility to merge data from existing Garmin Training Center device-based accounts into a new user account.
- Added a backup feature to allow the recovery of the user's data if the original data files become corrupted.
- Added a feature to export subsets of items to Training Center Database XML format (.tcx) files.
- Added a feature to view Garmin Training Center track data in Google Earth.
- Modified Garmin Training Center to display total time to the 1/100th of a second, when that precision is available in the data.
- Fixed an issue where Garmin Training Center would freeze after reminding the user that their map data is outdated.
- Compartmentalized transfer of activities, workouts, or courses so that if one of the data types fails to transfer, the others may still succeed.
- Modified data transfer to devices so that users can cancel the transfer in process.
- Provided the capability for a user to backup their entire Garmin Training Center account to a single Training Center Database file and subsequently restore from that file.
- Improved the speed of XML exports.
- Created a new extension to the Training Center Database version 2 XML schema to support the export and import of the user profile.
- Created a new extension to the Training Center Database version 2 XML schema to support the export and import of additional activity data provided by the Forerunner 50.
- Added a feature to receive data from the Forerunner 50 via the Garmin ANT Agent.
- Modified the behavior of Garmin Training Center so that it will no longer discard a user's data if it detects a corrupted database. It will attempt to restore from the latest backup file, if present, and present the user with an appropriate error message.
- Fixed an issue where Garmin Training Center would improperly import multisport activities in certain situations.
- Added support for Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese, and Swedish.
- Modified the application to utilize speed data provided by the device.
- Fixed an issue where the activity time was decreased when invalid track points were removed from the beginning or end of a track.
- Fixed an issue where Google Earth was launched even when there was no data to display to the user.
- Fixed an issue where activity data output by the application would fail to upload to Motionbased.
- Fixed an issue loading data files during startup.
Changes made from version 3.2.2 to 3.2.3:
- Fixed issue that caused Course Points not to be sent to the device in Garmin Training Center® 3.2.0 and newer.
- Fixed issue that caused 'auto-update' to not work correctly with new installer technology.
- Fixed issue that caused text field to get truncated on 'auto-update' dialog in some languages.
Changes made from version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2:
- Fixed issue that caused Courses sent in some previous versions to be invalid on the device.
- Fixed issues that caused Garmin Training Center (R) to fail when receiving invalid Course data from the device.
- Fixed issue where a text field was improperly anchored on the Workout Transfer Dialog.
- Fixed issue that caused courses sent to the device to lack the pauses necessary for the device to correctly follow the course.
Changes made from version 3.2.0 to 3.2.1:
- Provided localized versions of Garmin Training Center(tm) in the following languages: Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese, and Swedish.
- Fixed issue that could caush scheduled workouts to be off by one month in certain cases.
- Fixed issue where Garmin Training Center(tm) could fail when trying to input read-only data files.
- Fixed issue where Garmin Training Center(tm) had an unnecessary dependency on a Windows System file.
- Fixed issue where Garmin Training Center(tm) could fail when sending workouts to a Forerunner 301.
Changes made from version 3.1.4 to 3.2.0:
- Updated application name to Garmin Training Center(tm).
- Updated xml export to use new Training Center Database v2 (*.tcx) to provide cross compatibility with Mac Training Center.
- Modified export menu options to use * .tcx extension for all output files while still allowing the User to import *.hst, *.wkt, and *.crs files that were created by previous Garmin Training Center versions.
Changes made from version 3.1.3 to 3.1.4:
- Fixed issue where Training Center would incorrectly display the Max Speed for a manually created Activity.
- Fixed issue where certain invalid data could prevent a user from exporting their history data to a .hst file.
- Fixed issue where adding course points to a course could incorrectly cause the distance to grow in distance graphs.
- Fixed issue where moving a course into a folder could cause course points to be lost if the course points had the same name.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would not correctly handle multiline notes for user data items.
- Added performance improvements.
Changes made from version 3.1.1 to 3.1.3:
- Fixed issue that caused Training Center to fail to export courses to a .crs file if the courses were located in user subfolders.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would incorrectly display the Total Ascent and Total Descent values for certain laps with short tracks.
- Fixed issue where Training Center could send a course to the GPS that lacks distance data if the course was created from a history item originally imported from a Forerunner 201 or 301.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would incorrectly list a user's courses twice in the Course Transfer dialog in certain situations during the transfer courses to the device.
- Fixed issue where Training Center was improperly handling the importing of courses with duplicate names.
- Fixed issue where Training Center was incorrectly handling the renaming of course references in a user's history items.
- Fixed issue where Training Center could mishandle the importing of a user's trackpoints for indoor workouts.
- Fixed issue where Training Center could fail if the user had set the max heart rate value on his GPS to 0, used the GPS user profile when syncing his history to Training Center, and then tried to display a percent max heart rate graph for the data.
- Fixed issue where Training Center did not import all of the data items for laps in the new .hst file type.
- Fixed issue where Training Center was incorrectly displaying invalid cadence values in Courses and Laps.
Changes made from version 3.0.2 to 3.1.1:
- Added the ability to import/export courses to .crs files.
- Modified history and workout export to use the new Training Center Database Schema.
- Modified history and workout import to import both the old schema and new Training Center Database Schema.
- Fixed an issue where Training Center could crash creating workouts on resource limited Windows ME computers.
- Fixed issue where text could be cut off on the user profile dialog in certain Asian versions of Training Center.
- Added capability for Training Center to remember the pace and speed settings in the user profile dialog.
- Fixed issue where the tracks associated with laps were incorrect in certain circumstances.
- Fixed issue where you could not select the last track segment on the map using the selection tool on pace, speed, and grade graphs.
- Fixed issues where splash screen was not displayed for an adequate time and the physician disclaimer statement was not visible on the splash screen window.
- Fixed issue where Training Center could fail when being started by the Garmin gStart application if the customer did not have any current user accounts in Training Center and they clicked Cancel when prompted to add a new user.
- Fixed issue where the course track was being incorrectly created when courses were received from the GPS.
- Fixed some incorrect verbiage in the German version of Training Center.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would fail when the user attempted to create course points at the end of a track.
- Fixed issue where the course comparison dialog would not allow the user to change the X-axis from distance to time or vice-versa from within the dialog. The only way this could be changed in the previous version was to exit the comparison dialog and change the X-axis value on the main graph window.
- Modified the course graph so that it always displays the course's name in the title instead of displaying the course point's name when the user selects a course point in a given course.
- Fixed issue that caused MultiSport lap tracks to be incorrectly imported in certain situations.
Changes made from version 2.3.5 to 3.0.2:
- Added the ability to create history for activities that was done without the Forerunner
- Added the capability to show four graph plots at the same time
- Added the capability to show or hide columns in the Totals pane
- Added transfer support for Edge unit
- Added the support to create courses from activity history
- Added the support to create and edit course points
- Added support to graph cadence and grade
- Added average cadence, total ascent and total descent to the Totals Pane
- Added cadence as a target for workouts
- Added ability to compare two activities graphically
- Added the product restrictions dialog, which is shown when you open a map product that has limitations imposed by license restrictions with the map data vendor.
- Changed the product info dialog to be resizable.
- Added the capability to select the last segment of a track from basic data graph plots like heart rate, cadence and elevation.
Changes made from version 2.2 to 2.3:
- Added support for the Forerunner 201.
- Added the ability to import Forerunner Logbook XML files.
- Added the ability to import history files.
- Added the ability to delete laps.
- Fixed problems in the history tree and workout calendar relating to daylight savings time.
- Translated to French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- Download the Training Center update file into a directory on your hard drive. (e.g., c:\garmin).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the files, (e.g., c:\garmin), and run the executable file (.exe). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update your Training Center installation.