Updates & Downloads
Forerunner 610 software version 3.00
as of March 13, 2015
View system requirements
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Fixed an issue where Garmin Express could attempt to repeatedly send an incompatible time zone map update to the watch.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Improved battery capacity reporting.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Changes to support manufacturing.
- Fixed an issue with workout steps based on custom %max heart rate zones.
- Fixed an issue where auto scroll could cause the device to freeze or crash.
- Made improvements to prevent continuous connections with Garmin ANT Agent.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed an issue where the display could be blank when in low power mode.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Added a heart rate recovery message that is displayed two minutes after the timer is stopped.
- Added a setting to allow the removal of the clock page from the training page loop while the timer is running (see Setup->Training Pages->Clock Page).
- Fixed an issue where the device could incorrectly connect to another user's HR monitor, foot pod, or bike sensor.
- Made a change to prevent Training Effect from being reset to zero for two-part activities that are continued after the watch goes to power save mode or is shut down.
- Fixed some instances that could cause the device to report that zero calories were burned during an activity.
- Fixed an issue with the calculation of the time value displayed in the Avg. Lap data field.
- Changed the calculation for the Time Behind data field on the Virtual Partner page to result in a smoother value.
- Made improvements to the Virtual Partner alert to try to prevent frequent alerts when running very close to the target pace.
- Fixed an issue where scaling the Virtual Racer's pace/speed was not working correctly.
- Fixed a workout issue where a repeat until time/distance step at the end could cause a loss of time/distance in the saved activity.
- Fixed an issue where an activity could be corrupted if the battery died in the middle of it.
- Fixed some weight scale issues that could cause the body fat % reported by the scale to be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where the default locations stored on the device could be inadvertently deleted.
- Added full support for the Russian language.
- Fixed some translation issues.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed issue introduced in previous revision where workouts sent from Garmin Training Center could not be used on the device.
- Fixed issue where all saved locations were deleted when upgrading firmware on the device.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed an issue with GPS accuracy decreasing for a short period of time when the timer was started or lapped.
- Improved transfers to Garmin ANT Agent.
- Added a progress bar for files currently being transferred to Garmin ANT Agent.
- Fixed screen pixilation issue seen on some devices while in power save mode.
- Fixed an issue with the average lap timer data field not populating correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the workout banner not always appearing on the screen to display the next step.
- Fixed an issue with activities created while using a custom workout with a high alert not uploading to Garmin Connect.
- Fixed an issue with Virtual Races created from indoor activities.
- Fixed an issue where the foot pod would not provide distance correctly if the GPS signal dropped out.
- Improved elevation smoothing algorithm.
- Improved auto pause filtering.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Fixed an issue where old activities were not deleted correctly prior to the unit running out of memory.
- Fixed an issue where GPS would turn back on after the timer was started, even if the user had previously turned it off.
- Fixed an issue where a new activity from a previous day would not be transferred to the computer until the watch was taken out of power save mode.
- Fixed an issue where auto scroll would not work while the unit was in cycling mode.
- Fixed an issue where custom alerts would not work correctly after exiting power save mode.
- Added a beep when the unit gets a GPS fix while displaying the locating satellites banner.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.