Updates & Downloads
Edge 800 software version 2.70
as of November 14, 2013
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- New Feature! Added VIRB Remote support.
- Improved Vector power balance data recording and display.
- Added message for first time setup of Vector power sensor.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Added Vector power sensor support.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Made improvements to bike profile and ANT+ sensor UI.
- Corrected issue with all history showing 'Today'.
- Fixed issue where clock was not updating after charging.
- Fixed issue causing HR alerts to be shown while in desired zone.
- Updated translations.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.40:
- Improved training page setup and increased number of user defined training pages to 5.
- Added a lap summary training page.
- Increased number of bike profiles to 5.
- Added Normalized Power (NP), Intensity Factor (IF), and Training Stress Score (TSS) data metrics.
- Made improvements to courses.
- Made improvements to workouts.
- Made improvements to map drawing.
- Fixed issues with Auto Scroll causing the device to become unresponsive.
- Added support for left / right balance for supported power meters.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Added setting to turn on 1 second recording in Settings > System > Data Recording.
- Fixed an issue that could cause large jumps in position and distance.
- Added Last Lap Power data field.
- Fixed an issue that was causing ANT sensors to not pair as expected.
- Added a setting to enable a prompt to recalculate during navigation.
- Courses are now usable with GPS turned Off and a connected ANT+ Speed sensor.
- The Virtual Partner can now be manually synchronized by pressing and holding on the Virtual Partner graphic.
- Fixed a speed zone field display issue.
- Improved course navigation.
- Fixed issues viewing an activity in progress from the history menu.
- Fixed issue with some Mac users not being able to connect to device without resetting the timer.
- Fixed some display issues when using a weight scale.
- Fixed an issue that could cause distance to not accumulating after switching bike profiles while the timer is running.
- Fixed a few issues while editing workouts and a display issue while doing a workout in night mode.
- Fixed a display issue while doing a workout in night mode.
- Improved elevation calibration when manually setting device elevation.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Improved Auto Pause behavior.
- Corrected issues that could cause incorrect speeds to be recorded.
- Improved auto wheel calibration especially for PowerTap power meters.
- Added a torque reading to the calibration page for Powertap power meters.
- Removed DeleteFiles folder.
- Allow the device to operate in normal mode with external power.
- Corrected issues that could corrupt activity files which would not allow them to be uploaded to Garmin Connect or Garmin Training Center.
- Improved keyboard layout, input, and design.
- Made improvements to the elevation profile.
- Added an activity reset reminder.
- Improved how the device responds when the screen has been locked.
- Added a factory default reset in MENU -> Settings -> System -> Initial Setup.
- Added the ability to view details for an activity that has not been reset.
- Data fields should now report correct time and distance while navigating.
- Corrected issues caused by removing an SD card while navigating.
- Corrected Auto Scroll issues.
- Corrected issues drawing the current activity on raster maps.
- Made improvements to the Virtual Partner.
- Added memory full warning message.
- Corrected issue that could prevent activities from being able to be deleted.
- Route recalculation can now be turned off in MENU -> Settings -> System -> Routing -> Recalculate.
- Added a day/night color mode setting in MENU -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Color Mode.
- Sensor settings will now be correctly maintained when merging FIT setting and sport files.
- Corrected issues with weight scale data recording and communication.
- Corrected issue that could cause lap calories to be reset after a power cycle.
- Corrected issue that could cause workouts, courses, and locations to not be displayed in their respective lists.
- Corrected issue that could cause data field changes on the map or elevation training pages to not be saved.
- Lap markers in a course will now be recorded correctly while following the course.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.