Updates & Downloads
Training Center Mac Legacy Version for Tiger and PPC software version 3.0.4
as of March 4, 2010
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 3.0.3 to 3.0.4:
- Fixed user profile reverting to default values when re-launching application on Snow Leopard.
Changes made from version 3.0.1 to 3.0.3:
- Added support for sending/receiving Workouts to/from Edge 500. Note 'Repeat Until' steps and steps with Power targets are not yet supported.
- Added support for sending Speed Zones in the User profile to Edge 500.
- Added more robust handling of invalid activities and courses.
- Added ability to import supported file types without connecting a Garmin fitness device.
- Fixed a rounding issue with seconds in certain displayed times.
- Fixed issue with deleted items not being properly removed when in Comparison mode.
- Fixed issue where Repeat steps with Custom heart rate zones would show up with 0 upper and lower values when transferred to device or exported.
- Fixed a crash when transferring certain invalid user data from Forerunner devices.
- Fixed Comparison toolbar cross-fade animation on Snow Leopard.
- Fixed overlapping progress text on Tiger.
- Fixed database performance issues for users that migrated very large 2.x databases with GTC 3.01.
- Fixed erroneous display of heart rate zones for Courses. Courses do not have zone information.
- Improved application reliability when importing or receiving large activities and courses.
Changes made from version 2.1.8 to 3.0.1:
- Added support for Garmin Edge 500 cycling computer
- Added all-new multiple graph display
- Added power and grade graphs
- Added zone information to graphs
- Added graph data smoothing
- Added all-new map display
- Added ability to compare any two activities, laps, or courses
- Added ability to view activities and courses in Google Earth
- Added the capability to export selected item to a TCX or GPX file
- Added the capability to import multiple files at once
- Added import capability for several XML formats:
- GPX v1.1
- Legacy PC Training Center history and workout formats
- Added ability to choose which workouts or courses to transfer when the device limits are exceeded
- Added Brazilian Portuguese localization
- Fixed unexpected behavior when renaming items
- Fixed problem reading from devices in multi-byte language environments
- Fixed issues with receiving and exporting certain Multisport activities
- Fixed resting heart rate incompatibility in user profile
- Fixed issues with incorrectly allowing zero-values for some user profile and workout elements
- Fixed various issues when importing badly formed TCX files
- Fixed unexpected application failure when processing certain workouts with power targets
- Improved performance of the course point tool
- Improved application stability when displaying many European and custom map products
- Improved application responsiveness and progress feedback
Changes made from version 2.1.7 to 2.1.8:
- Added support to receive Multisport activities from Forerunner® 310XT
- Added support to send user profile to FR60
- Added support for reporting application crashes
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash at startup if there was a paired Forerunner® 50
- Fixed an issue that caused delete to fail in non-English version
- Fixed an issue that caused conflict alert for user profile to show up during every transfer
- Fixed a number of XML export and transfer issues
Changes made from version 2.1.6 to 2.1.7:
- Added capability to receive history from devices paired with Garmin ANT Agent for example the Forerunner 50 and 405
- Added capability to send courses, workouts and user profile to a Forerunner 405 that is paired with Garmin ANT Agent
- Added a Device menu so that a specific device can be selected for transfer
- Added support for resting heart rate
- Fixed an issue that caused Training Center to crash when an SD card with non-English name was connected to the computer
- Fixed an issue that caused Training Center to crash when viewing a course with course points
Changes made from version 2.1.5 to 2.1.6:
- Fixed a refresh issue with the outline view that occurs in Leopard
Changes made from version 2.1.4 to 2.1.5:
- Fixed an issue that causes a crash during transfer from a fitness USB device.
Changes made from version 2.1.2 to 2.1.4:
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash during data transfer.
- Fixed an issue that causes a crash during transfer from an Edge 705 that contains power workouts.
Changes made from version 2.0.3 to 2.1.2:
- Added support for Edge 605/705
- Added capability to change activity type for history
- Added capability to add notes to any item in the application
- Added update reminders for map products
- Added a menu item that allows users to unlock maps online
- Added crash reporting
- Added GPX exporting. To produce GPX data, add .gpx extension when exporting
- Viewing parameters are preserved across map products of the same region
- Fixed an issue that caused the Traditional Chinese version to crash on startup
- Fixed a data transfer issue that caused the application to crash
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash if the unlock codes were entered in lower case
- Fixed an issue that prevented converted maps from being detected
- Fixed an issue that caused the application to crash when displaying newer map products on PPC.
Changes made from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.3:
- Implemented length restrictions to workout name, workout step name, course name, course point name, and speed zone name for compatibility with fitness devices. Using this version of application could cause existing names that exceed the length restriction to be truncated.
- Fixed an update issue with course point name.
- Fixed some XML export issues.
- Fixed a transfer issue with speed and heart rate values.
Changes made from version 2.0.1 to 2.0.2:
- Performance improvement when importing tcx files.
- Fixed issues that caused the application to stop communicating with devices in certain scenarios.
Changes made from version 2.0.0 to 2.0.1:
- Provided localized version in the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese and Korean.
- Fixed an issue that prevented importing activities from certain xml files.
- Fixed an issue that caused notes to be lost when importing workouts from an xml file.
- Tracks are now drawn for MultiSport activities.
- Fixed some track drawing issues.
- Fixed an issue that caused ascent and descent measurement unit to be wrong.
- Removed device list and name to simplify the user profile interface.
- Download the file 'Garmin Training Center.dmg' using the link above.
- Double-click the file 'Garmin Training Center.dmg' to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Install Garmin Training Center' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin Training Center.
- Apple Macintosh with a PowerPC or Intel processor
- Mac OS 10.4 or higher