Updates & Downloads
nuvi 37xx (GCD File) software version 5.10
as of October 24, 2016
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- Added improvements for handling larger map files.
Changes made from version 4.90 to 5.00:
- Fixed an error that caused the parking function to fail on models without Bluetooth.
- Fixed an error that caused software updates to update the traffic provider information, whether or not it had previously updated to that version of traffic provider information.
- Fixed an error that sometimes prevented routes from recalculating after diverging from the original route.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to shut down with some third-party maps.
- Increased the size of text when the language is set to Arabic.
- Improved route creation by routing to via points in the order they are added instead of reverse order.
- Improved software stability.
Changes made from version 4.80 to 4.90:
- Fixed a bug that caused the device to reboot at certain locations in Ecuador.
- Made a change so that Topo/Recreational and City Navigator Maps cannot be enabled at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect letter capitalizations.
- Changed the default TTS voice for Dutch language when the locale is Belgium.
- Fixed a Czech translation bug.
- Fixed some ASR-related bugs.
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:
- Updated to comply with France Safety Camera decree.
- Fixed a bug that caused the device to lose turn information while recalculating a route when near a junction.
- Fixed a bug that caused the unit to freeze when receiving traffic information from a GTM36 cable.
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
- Fixed an error that caused the device to shutdown when using myTrends.
- Added support for a new OEM mount.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:
- Fixed an error that sometimes caused map updates to not work properly.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.50:
- Added the ability to import .GPX route files for use in Trip Planner.
- Improved the data transfer speed from a PC to the device SD card over a USB cable.
- Fixed a WebUpdater error that caused incomplete software updates to be reported as complete.
- Fixed an error that caused the device not to exit sleep mode properly.
- Fixed an error that affected route calculation with 2011.10 maps.
- Fixed a Trip Planner routing error.
- Fixed an error the caused the German voice to skip while giving directions.
- Fixed an error that caused the World Clock to display a future date.
- Fixed an error that caused the QWERTY keyboard to appear when the numeric keyboard should have appeared.
- Set device to switch to night mode while in tunnels.
- Brightness now changes gradually between day and night in ?Auto? mode.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Fixed an error that disabled traffic on OEM units.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Fixed an error that caused Junction View to show up only once during a route.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to crash at random times.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Added split-screen Junction View support.
- Added Greek voice support.
- Made several map-drawing improvements.
- Improved calculation speed for long routes.
- Fixed several navigation issues.
- Fixed several Junction View issues.
- Fixed a Bluetooth error that caused the navigation voice to remain audible when the unit was muted.
- Fixed a Trip Planner error.
- Reduced the time to display the keyboard for Address searches.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Fixed a shutdown that occurs while displaying some map features.
- Corrected a Sigma-character display error in Greek.
- Corrected language translation errors.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.90:
- Improved map drawing.
- Enhanced Bluetooth audio quality.
- Corrected issues with Language Guide.
- Added building footprints for supported maps.
- Corrected Language Translations.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 3.60:
- Added support for the ecoRoute HD accessory.
- Added Garmin Language Guide support.
- Improved Language Translations.
- Improved reliability of sleep/wake operations.
- Improved myTrends route calculations to incorporate driving history and road preferences.
- Added Loc8 Postal Code functionality for Ireland.
- Added support for Arabic text to speech voice guidance.
- Added support for Trams, Ferries, and Trolleys in Pedestrian Navigation.
- Added support for the US National Grid.
- Added Multiple Route Preview. The user can preview a route calculated with Faster Time, Shortest Distance, and Less Fuel then select the preferred route.
- Added support for Mobile Safety Cameras via RDS-TMC in Russia.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.50:
- Fixed an issue that could cause a hourglass to display indefinitely during an address search.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a shutdown if viewing the Trip Planner page at the exact second that the trip is scheduled to begin.
- Fixed a potential shutdown when viewing the Where Am I page in certain countries.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the unit to get stuck in the Voice Command interface.
- Fixed a potential lockup when retrieving advertisement data.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a unit to remain stuck on the Loading Maps screen.
- Fixed an issue with the dial tone not using the correct volume level.
- Fixed an issue that could make the Touchscreen unresponsive after resuming.
- Fixed an issue that caused End User License Agreements to incorrectly display in Night mode.
- Fixed a potential shutdown caused by certain map geometry.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a unit to shutdown when images were loaded into multiple folders.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trip Planner to show incorrect number of days for certain months.
- Fixed an issue that caused maps not to display for certain countries if other maps were loaded.
- Fixed display of two-line destinations in the Trip Planner.
- Fixed an issue that caused Flemish not to display as an available language.
- Fixed a potential issue when calculating a route with traffic.
- Fixed an issue that caused custom Points of Interest alerts to only occur on one side of the road.
- Fixed an issue that could cause unit not to turn ON correctly after Suspending.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.