Updates & Downloads
KNA-G600 Series software version 2.81
as of August 8, 2013
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.81:
- Fixed Thai dual language issues reported by KW team.
- Fixed support for digital EULA display (allows future flexibility for map updates).
- Fixed Favorites issue that limits number of favorites after power cycle.
- Added compiler switch to handle rare processor errata (no code changes in this release).
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Upgraded map rendering engine to address stability issues.
- Improved POI search performance in Indonesia.
- Addressed stability issue encountered in remote areas of Australia.
- Fixed to not show 3D map names on the Map Information page.
- Fixed postal code button display when not supported.
- Fixed 3D maps being displayed and checkboxes using wrong indices on map info page.
- Fixed placement of speed limit sign in more data map layout.
- Fixed alignment and fit of Italian translations.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Add Russian map road suffixes.
- Add support to prompt user to recalculate a route saved with a different map version than currently active.
- Fix route line jittering issue.
- Fix reset issue when using junction search.
- Fix blue line issues on Russian maps.
- Fix reset issue when zooming out on the map.
- Improve stree suffix support for India maps.
- Fix Arabic text corruption on road signs with Middle East maps.
- Improve support for PNX with SD card maps.
- Fix issue with positioning when crossing map boundaries.
- Fix reset issue when GPI files are present in multiple directories of an SD card.
- Fix to not display information about 3D buildings on Map Info page.
- Assign intersections a category of 'Map points and Coordinates' when saved as a favorite.
- Fix issue where Thai dealer database names were cutoff.
- Fix occasional reset issue seen when reviewing points on browse map.
- Address potential system freeze due to long voltage dip during boot sequence.
- Add unlock code backup mechanism.
- Fix to prevent prepending an extra country code.
- Fix reset issue when reviewing and recalculating a previously saved route.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Improve street label overlay behavior.
- Improve picture in picture mode support.
- Improve lane guidance information.
- Improve support for Arabic language.
- Improve system stability.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Update timezone map data.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fix issue that prevented saving of recently found items when list is already full.
- Add time unit label to route review page.
- Fix issue that will cause unit to not display images.
- Improved contrast of second text line on find item lists.
- Fix issue where there is no insert button between current position and destination for active route.
- Fix to always play beep when selecting icons on vehicle selection page.
- Fix issue where junction view images do not display after day/night settings change during a junction view.
- Fix issue where POI brand symbols are displayed scrambled.
- Fix to return to main menu when JCV back button is pressed and held.
- Fix to prevent favorite icons from disappearing when units switches between day/night modes.
- Fix issue where detailed review page shows 'Go!' button and route information while under route planner.
- Fix issue where the brand symbol will display a 16x16 pixel image for the first time after boot.
- Fix issue that will cause unit to use quick recalcs instead of full recalcs in some cases.
- Change default unit of measure for basemap product to be metric.
- Fix issue where Ukrainian locale uses US keyboards instead of UK.
- Improve software support for Asain countries.
- Improve map stability.
- Improve software support for Middle East countries.
- Improve general unit stability and performance.
- Improve support for Picture in Picture mode.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on the SD data card (must be at least 32MB of space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Insert SD card into KNA-G600 series Navigation System. If there is already a card inserted, temporarily remove it.
- The update will begin automatically. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Settings->System->About.
- Remove SD card used for software update and reinsert other card if necessary.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or later operating system and an available SD card reader.