Updates & Downloads
BaseCamp Mac Legacy Version for Tiger, Leopard and PPC software version 2.1.2
as of April 5, 2010
View installation instructions
- BaseCamp is a 3D mapping application that allows you to transfer waypoints, tracks, and routes between your Mac and Garmin device and manage your data using topographic Garmin maps that include digital elevation model(DEM) data, such as Topo U.S. 24K, Topo U.S. 24K National Parks (version 3), Topo U.S. 100K (version 4 and later), Topo U.S. 2008, Topo Australia, Topo Canada (version 4), Topo Deutschland, Topo Great Britain, and Topo products produced by many Garmin distributors.
Transfer waypoints, geocaches, routes, and tracks to and from your GPS device.
Create, view, edit, and organize waypoints, routes, and tracks.
Find places, such as addresses, points of interest, and public land survey areas included in your detailed map data.
View in Google Earth
Advanced geocache support
Integrated support for publishing photos online
Track and route play back
- This version is intended for PowerPC, Tiger (10.4), and Leopard (10.5) users. If you don't fall into this category, you should download and install BaseCamp from here.
Changes made from version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2:
- Added ability for BaseCamp to display any Garmin map. Maps do not need to have Digital Elevation Model (DEM) data to be displayed in BaseCamp now.
- Added support for the data sync capability in the Oregon 550 and Dakota 10 and 20.
- Added ability to drag and drop user data to and from connected devices.
- Fixed issue where garbage characters that were displayed in pop-up labels in Snow Leopard (10.6).
- Fixed issue where information about found POI or address was not displayed correctly in Snow Leopard.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a Waypoint symbol in the Waypoint Dialog could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where application could crash during photo track matching.
- Fixed an issue where application could crash when a device is connected or at startup if a device is already connected.
- Fixed an issue where selecting part of a track could cause a crash.
- Fixed issues that could cause a crash while rendering the map in 3D.
- Fixed to allow the import of larger GPX files without running out of memory.
- Fixed issue where a dialog incorrectly reminded the user to update his maps was displayed.
- Fixed issue with occasional auto routing caches.
- Fixed issue where find of certain sub-categories was broken in newer maps.
- Fixed issue with reading geo-tagged photos with same name from a device.
- Fixed issue with thumbnail display.
- Fixed issue of timing out while connecting to certain USB devices.
- Added ability to handle device volumes with no name.
- Fixed issue where application would crash while track matching.
- Fixed issue where transfer of a route to a sync device would fail if it had multiple instances of a single waypoint.
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Garmin BaseCamp' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin BaseCamp.