Updates & Downloads
DNX 5X60 and 6X60 software version 2.51
as of January 27, 2014
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Before updating your Kenwood Navigation System, please update your Kenwood receiver software at www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/mm/firmware.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.51:
- Fixed incorrect city point language for Thai dual lang map.
- Fixed incorrect city search language for Thai dual language map.
- Fixed incorrect city search results for Thai dual language map.
- Fixed incorrect POI language for Thai dual language map.
- Improved logic for displaying and acknowledging EULAs.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed navigation freeze at certain point in the Netherlands.
- Fixed language setting reset when cycling ignition.
- Fixed problem of route saved with different map.
- Fixed corrupted letters in Middle East 2011.10 map.
- Fixed problem with re-entry of street name during address search.
- Fixed incorrect Thai translation text.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Added ability for head unit to specify safe mode cannot be disabled (OEM programs only).
- Added support for Thai maps.
- Fixed issue with interface lockup while performing long searches when the FM traffic receiver is gathering traffic data.
- Improved handling for Arabic language.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Added support for Chinese language.
- Improved support for Thai language.
- Improved software stability.
- Improved handling for map POI dialing.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Fixed issue with ESN for built-in traffic receiver (EU only).
- Fixed issue with accessing internal memory.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on a micro-SD data card (use adapter from SD to micro-SD if required). There must be at least 25mb space available on the card.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the data card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove data card from PC.
- Insert data card into your navigation system. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- The data card can be removed from the unit after the unit reboots.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available SD card reader.