Updates & Downloads
Edge 500 software version 3.30
as of August 7, 2013
View system requirements
- If updating from a software version prior to 3.00 the Edge 500 must scan all files stored on the device during the update. This can cause the update process to take up to 15 minutes for devices with a large number of files on their device. You may see a delay at the 'Validating SW Update' screen and when powering on the device for the first time after the update is complete. To reduce this time, please remove older activity files from your device before updating.
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Added Vector power sensor support.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.20:
- Fixed display of power meter serial numbers.
- Made changes to support manufacturing.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.00:
- Added two additional training pages.
- Added various power-related data fields, including left and right balance for supported power meters, Normalized Power (NP), Intensity Factor (IF), Training Stress Score (TSS), maximum lap power, last lap power, and Watts/kg power.
- Improved support for power-based workouts.
- Added the ability to modify the FTP value and to recalculate the power zones based on the new FTP value.
- Made improvements to the power meter calibration process.
- Fixed an issue where Auto Zero was incorrectly displayed as an option when paired to the PowerTap hub.
- Improved the calculation of elevation gain/loss.
- Improved the calculation of time behind on the Virtual Partner page.
- Fixed various issues with viewing activities in history.
- Fixed various issues related to courses.
- Fixed various other issues.
- Updated translations.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed issue causing multiple heart rate monitors to be found.
- Fixed a speed display issue in history, speed zone setup, and workouts.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added one second recording setting. Located at Menu -> Settings -> Bike Settings -> Data Rec. -> Data Recording.
- Fixed issue causing ANT sensors to not pair as expected when switching between bike profiles.
- Fixed display issues while editing %FTP, %HRR, and %HR Max in a workout step.
- Fixed a display issue with the elevation value in a saved elevation point.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Improved course performance and corrected an issue that could cause some courses to stop processing.
- Added a torque reading to the calibration page for PowerTap power meters.
- Improved Auto Pause behavior.
- Improved auto wheel calibration especially for PowerTap power meters.
- Improved correlation of speed sensor data and GPS data.
- Totals can now be cleared.
- Corrected an issue that could prevent an Activity from being reset.
- Prevent an incorrect date/time from being displayed.
- Improved battery gauge readings.
- Removed DeleteFiles folder.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed issue that was causing unit freezes on manual and auto laps
- Fixed issue that was causing missing activities after reset
- Fixed issue that was causing missing laps and bad timestamps in activities
- Fixed issue causing large elevation readings to be recorded in activities that created errors when uploaded to Garmin Connect
- Improved smart recording
- Added a Statute UK setting that sets distance to miles, speed to mph, elevation to meters and temperature to Celsius
- Fixed issues related to editing workouts
- Fixed issues with 'Repeat Until' in workouts
- Implemented a prompt if the timer is not reset after 4 hours to remind the user to reset
- Corrections to ANT wheel speed, size and auto calibration with PT hubs
- Course Map Zooming -> The device now pops up a page on the course map with the light key like is done for the course scaling. This page will allow the user to set the zooming to auto or to some set zoom level.
- Updated the Start Notice feature to alert the user any time the timer is not running if set to Repeat
- Fixed issue causing elapsed time to not be calculated correctly
- Delete Garmin software update files after updates are complete
- Updated translations
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Internal file processing corrections.
- Updated ANT+ power calibration page.
- Changes to support manufacturing.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Workouts have been added.
- Improved smart recording algorithms. This will improve track point dropping during turns.
- Added %FTP Power, 30s Average Vertical Speed, and Maximum Speed as new Data Fields.
- Increased detection radius for Elevation Points and added a detection message.
- Improved Course processing and error handling.
- Removed limitations on the displayed Power Calibration Value.
- Added notification messages for Courses, Workouts, and Metabolic Profiles.
- Added the ability to import .NLF New Leaf files.
- Fixed some issues with setting files not being saved properly.
- Improved Vertical Speed values.
- The Bike Profile page should now show an invalid value if the wheel calibration is set to Auto and not yet calibrated.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Corrected issue transferring heart rate zones and power zones from Garmin Connect and Garmin Training Center.
- Corrected issue transferring New Leaf Profiles from Garmin Training Center.
- The bike odometer correctly updates during an activity.
- Cleanup of TCX conversion issues for courses.
- Corrected issues related to courses.
- Corrected issue with distance alert performance.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.