Updates & Downloads
DNX 9X40 software version 3.60
as of March 8, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Before updating your Kenwood Navigation System, please update your Kenwood receiver software at www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/mm/firmware.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Fix stability issue when both maps on internal flash and external SD card are disabled.
- Fix stability issue when maps and ASR files are mismatched.
- Fix issue where postal code button will display even when maps do not support it.
- Fix cursor movment on the Find Address page
- Fix layout of Spell button on city search page
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Fixed corrupted letters in Middle East 2011.10 map.
- Fixed problem with routes saved with different maps than on unit.
- Fixed problem with re-input of street name during address search.
- Fixed map update issue with 2011.20 Europe maps.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Fixed issue where traffic receiver could lockup while scanning for stations.
- Fixed issue with alignment of ads for ad-based traffic (US model only).
- Improved handling of traffic recevier when crossing country borders.
- Improved handling for Thai language.
- Improved handling for Arabic language.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Improved method for calculating age of traffic data.
- Fixed issue with performing software update while a route is active.
- Fixed issues with phone number dialing from POI review page.
- Fixed issues with handling of right-to-left languages.
- Fixed issue with page handling in route editor.
- Fixed issue with handling of push-to-talk button in regions not supporting ASR search.
- Fixed issue where 'Less Fuel' user setting for routing could be ignored when calculating routes.
- Fixed issue where unit would limit favorites count to 128.
- Fixed issue where vehcile icons would sometimes not draw on the vehicle select page.
- Fixed issue with handling of removal of SD map card while on review page.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 3.20:
- EcoRoute capability added.
- Fixed numerous shutdown problems.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the unit to become unresponsive at boot time.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on an SD data card (must be at least 30mb space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Insert SD card into Kenwood Navigation System. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it.
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Settings->System->About.
- Remove SD card.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available SD card reader.