Updates & Downloads
DNX 7X40 software version 3.51
as of January 27, 2014
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Before updating your Kenwood Navigation System, please update your Kenwood receiver software at www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/mm/firmware.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.51:
- Fixed incorrect city point language for Thai dual lang map.
- Fixed incorrect city search language for Thai dual language map.
- Fixed incorrect city search results for Thai dual language map.
- Fixed incorrect POI language for Thai dual language map.
- Improved logic for displaying and acknowledging EULAs.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Fixed corrupted letters in Middle East 2011.10 map.
- Fixed problem with routes saved with different maps than on unit.
- Fixed problem with re-input of street name during address search.
- Fixed map update issue with 2011.20 Europe maps.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Fixed issue where traffic receiver could lockup while scanning for stations.
- Fixed issue with alignment of ads for ad-based traffic (US model only).
- Improved handling of traffic recevier when crossing country borders.
- Improved handling for Thai language.
- Improved handling for Arabic language.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Improved method for calculating age of traffic data.
- Fixed issue with performing software update while a route is active.
- Fixed issues with phone number dialing from POI review page.
- Fixed issues with handling of right-to-left languages.
- Fixed issue with page handling in route editor.
- Fixed issue where 'Less Fuel' user setting for routing could be ignored when calculating routes.
- Fixed issue where unit would limit favorites count to 128.
- Fixed issue where vehcile icons would sometimes not draw on the vehicle select page.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 3.20:
- EcoRoute capability added.
- Fixed numerous shutdown problems.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the unit to become unresponsive at boot time.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your PC.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and a select temporary location of your choosing to extract the update.
- Click Unzip to extract the update.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Insert a burnable CD into your PC.
- Use CD burning software to create a 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Add the files extracted in step #4 to the 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Burn the files to the CD. If your burner software provides an option to 'close' or 'finalize' the CD after burning, select that option. If your computer provides an option to burn in a 'Mastered' format or a 'Live File System' format, select 'Mastered'. When complete, eject the CD from your computer.
- Turn on the Kenwood Navigation System and press the [NAV] button to switch the display to the navigation system screen.
- Insert CD into Kenwood Navigation System. If there is already a CD in the drive, temporarily remove it first.
- Your Kenwood Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The unit will restart several times during the update. The CD will eject before the update is complete. The warning page will display when the update is complete.
- Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Settings->System->About.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system.