Updates & Downloads
DNX 7X40 software version 3.51
as of January 27, 2014
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Before updating your Kenwood Navigation System, please update your Kenwood receiver software at www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/mm/firmware.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.51:
- Fixed incorrect city point language for Thai dual lang map.
- Fixed incorrect city search language for Thai dual language map.
- Fixed incorrect city search results for Thai dual language map.
- Fixed incorrect POI language for Thai dual language map.
- Improved logic for displaying and acknowledging EULAs.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Fixed corrupted letters in Middle East 2011.10 map.
- Fixed problem with routes saved with different maps than on unit.
- Fixed problem with re-input of street name during address search.
- Fixed map update issue with 2011.20 Europe maps.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Fixed issue where traffic receiver could lockup while scanning for stations.
- Fixed issue with alignment of ads for ad-based traffic (US model only).
- Improved handling of traffic recevier when crossing country borders.
- Improved handling for Thai language.
- Improved handling for Arabic language.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Improved method for calculating age of traffic data.
- Fixed issue with performing software update while a route is active.
- Fixed issues with phone number dialing from POI review page.
- Fixed issues with handling of right-to-left languages.
- Fixed issue with page handling in route editor.
- Fixed issue where 'Less Fuel' user setting for routing could be ignored when calculating routes.
- Fixed issue where unit would limit favorites count to 128.
- Fixed issue where vehcile icons would sometimes not draw on the vehicle select page.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 3.20:
- EcoRoute capability added.
- Fixed numerous shutdown problems.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the unit to become unresponsive at boot time.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your PC.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and a select temporary location of your choosing to extract the update.
- Click Unzip to extract the update.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Insert a burnable CD into your PC.
- Use CD burning software to create a 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Add the files extracted in step #4 to the 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Burn the files to the CD and eject the CD from the computer.
- Turn on the Kenwood Navigation System and press the [NAV] button to switch the display to the navigation system screen.
- Insert CD into Kenwood Navigation System. If there is already a CD in the drive, temporarily remove it first.
- Your Kenwood Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The unit will restart several times during the update. The CD will eject before the update is complete. The warning page will display when the update is complete.
- Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Settings->System->About.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system.