Updates & Downloads
nuvi 13xx and 14xx series (GCD File) software version 6.30
as of July 29, 2015
View system requirements
- Note: If you are upgrading from 5.90 or 6.00, and you use an ecoRoute HD with your nüvi, you may need to re-pair the ecoRoute HD device with your nüvi.
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.30:
- Fixed issues that could prevent the device from turning on or connecting to a computer.
- Improved file system space management.
- Fixed issues with the behavior of the Language Guide.
- Improved software stability.
Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.20:
- Fixed an error that caused devices to shut down when loaded with English China maps.
- Fixed an error that caused traffic provider information to update, whether or not it had previously updated to the most-current version.
Changes made from version 5.90 to 6.10:
- Improved map and content transfer speeds.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to shut down when using highly-detailed user-created maps.
- Fixed an error that sometimes caused the device to shut down in Europe.
- Fixed capitalization of highway names.
- Improved route calculations.
Changes made from version 5.80 to 5.90:
- Fixed a bug that caused traffic data to not appear on the map.
Changes made from version 5.70 to 5.80:
- Updated to comply with France Safety Camera decree.
- Fixed an error that caused a restart message to frequently appear on nuvi 1300 and 1400 series devices.
Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.70:
- Added new Fleet Management Interface features.
- Fixed Fleet Management Interface errors.
- Added support for Maged, a new Arabic text-to-speech voice language.
- Fixed an error that caused TrafficMaster UK subscription to display as 'New Subscription' when using a GTM 25.
- Fixed map display errors.
- Fixed POI search errors.
- Fixed route calculation and display errors.
- Fixed an error that caused location information to not appear on the Go! page for certain Points of Interest.
Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.40:
- Fixed an error that sometimes caused the loss of audio and Bluetooth after a software update.
- Improved software stability.
Changes made from version 5.20 to 5.30:
- Fixed an error that caused some third-party maps to draw incorrectly.
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
- Made several map-drawing improvements.
- Fixed several FMI-related issues.
- Fixed an error that caused the wrong keyboard to display for certain regions.
- Fixed an error that caused audio and Bluetooth features to not function unless the unit was restarted.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to prompt users to turn the wrong direction on certain routes.
- Fixed an error that caused routes to calculate slowly.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- Added Brazilian Portuguese Language Support.
- Corrected Greek Language Support.
Changes made from version 4.90 to 5.00:
- Added support 'Recommended by Mapa' on extended listing Points of Interest in Israel.
- Added support for mobile safety cameras in Russia and corrected an issue displaying the full safety camera text.
- Corrected several FMI-related issues.
- Corrected several issues with ecoRoute HD.
- Corrected several issues with the Language Guide.
- Corrected an issue that prevented addresses with letters in them from displaying properly when typed in the keyboard.
- Corrected an issue displaying the full text for Safety Cameras.
- Corrected an issue that caused screen flicker on the wide screen unit displays.
- Improved stability.
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.90:
- Fixed issue with junction view files not updating properly during a map update.
- Fixed issue with audio intermittently not working.
- Fixed issue with Australia Topo map turning off the unit in certain conditions.
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
- Added support for GTM26/GTM36 accessory.
- Corrected an issue that sometimes made an ad unreadable.
- Corrected an issue with Loc8 Zone B.
- Corrected an issue where Convenience stores would show under Fuel category on Europe 2011 maps.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:
- Fixed an issue where the Fleet Management Interface Estimated Time of Arrival can be off.
- Added unlock support for loc8 files.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- IMPORTANT: If your device is running software versions 4.30 or 4.40 your favorites will be erased with this update. Please click here to learn how to back up your favorites.
- Fixed a problem in software versions 4.30 and 4.40 with Favorites after a software upgrade.
- Corrected a problem related to starting up the unit in mass storage mode.
- Improved software updating process from update cards and GCD files.
- Added location of Language Guide files.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.40:
- Added Loc8 Postal Code functionality for Ireland.
- Corrected issue that could cause unit to remain stuck on copyright screen.
- Corrected issue that could cause unexpected shutdown when satellite reception is temporarily lost.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Added support for Luxembourg and Netherlands traffic and safety cameras.
- Improved ecoRoute accessory connection handling.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Added support for the ecoRoute HD accessory.
- Corrected an issue that can cause the unit to turn off and not resume until the power button is held for 10 seconds.
- Corrected an issue that sometimes made it impossible to select a country during an address search.
- Corrected an issue so a via point can now be inserted between the current location and first via point in the 1400 series route planner.
- Corrected several issues with Bluetooth connections.
- Corrected an issue where the unit would ask for the Garmin Lock pin when connected to a computer if the pin was previously entered.
- Corrected traffic on the opposite side of a highway generating traffic warnings.
- Corrected an issue that could cause the Area C warning to not display properly when using Israeli maps.
- Corrected to slightly increase the time before a loss of external power is determined to avoid false external power lost messages.
- Corrected the ecoChallenge score to no longer display in bicycle mode.
- Corrected the unit converter so it will no longer allow multiple decimal points.
- Corrected incorrect handling of percent functions on the calculator.
- Added support for fleet management interface 40 Data Cable for North America
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Corrected an issue that can cause the unit to hang on startup.
*NOTE: This update will delete the contents of the GPX\GPX folder on the unit, which contains trip log archives.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.90:
- Corrected an issue that can improve performance with traffic information.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Corrected an issue that could cause the text language selection to revert to American English with older Traffic translations.
- Corrected issues with the fleet management interface.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.60:
- Added Garmin Language Guide support
- Added Bus Station, Train Station and Commuter Rail into Points of Interest->Transit Category
- Added support for Fleet Management
- Corrected an issue that could cause breaks in Trip logs
- Improved city search when using cityXplorer maps
- Corrected possible shutdowns when connected to Traffic receiver and navigating
- If Garmin lock is enabled then the nuvi will not go to USB Mass Storage mode unless the pin is entered
- Corrected possible shutdown after viewing multiple Junction Views along a route
- Bluetooth microphone will be un-muted automatically after a call if muted during that call
- Corrected miscellaneous issues with Right to Left language display
- Corrected some issues with Russian Maps
- ecoRoute statistics will not display in Bicycle and Pedestrian modes on power off
- Corrected possible freeze when cancelling an intersection search
- Corrected an issue that could cause a Pedestrian route to not calculate correctly
- Corrected an issue that could cause a shutdown with 7 lanes in lane assist
- Corrected an issue that could cause multiple 'Saved to Favorites' windows
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Enhanced ecoRoute experience.
- Stop button now allows cancellation of a route calculation on the main page.
- Corrected an issue where some roundabouts would not show the roundabout icon.
- Corrected city search when using the World Clock to display all cities, not just those for which detailed maps are available.
- Corrected behavior of the vehicle selection page.
- Added a timeout for Bluetooth connections.
- Corrected text alignment issues in right to left languages.
- Fixed a shut down that could occur if searching for an intersection.
- Added ability to change the phone number of built in Points of Interest.
- Corrected unexpected behavior when adding a stop to a route in the 1400 series.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Corrected cityXplorer maps disappearing after a map update.
- Corrected lane guidance not appearing on longer routes.
- Corrected issue where audio may not work at startup until the volume is adjusted.
- Corrected an issue that could cause building footprints to not display in certain third party maps.
- Enhanced reliability of Bluetooth pairing.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.20:
- Correct items overlapping on the map.
- Correct display of additional content in GPI data.
- Make phone number in GPI content dialable.
- All user favorites are now shown in the list (not just nearest 50).
- Correct some connection issues in public transit navigation.
- Correct issue that sometimes changed automotive routes to pedestrian routes after off-route recalculation.
- Correct issue that sometimes caused automotive routes to change to point to point routes after power cycle.
- Correct issues with Bluetooth audio and pairing.
- Correct issue that could cause unit to shutdown with very large phonebook transfers.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 3.00:
- Correct issue installing Map Updates on a Mac.
- Correct issue maintaining more than 128 favorites. Warning - this software update may require favorites to be reloaded.
- Correct issue with deleting 2-5 letter POIs.
- Correct issue with MSN receiver software failing to download.
- Correct backlight settings handling.
- Correct ecoRoute challenge score accumulating in charge mode.
- Correct problems with right to left language display.
- Correct issues where the map navigation bar information could get cut off or appear extremely small.
- Correct issue where the text language did not change when selected.
- Correct issue with lane assist when there were more than 7 lanes.
- Correct units selection for the UK.
- Correct issues with international dialing
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added ability to provide star ratings for built in Points of Interest.
- Added ability to close built in Points of Interest.
- Improved usability of Bluetooth features.
- Improved Custom POI handling.
- Correct potential shutdown issue due to proximity/speed alerts.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.