Updates & Downloads
Oregon x50 (WebUpdater) software version 6.60
as of February 6, 2014
View system requirements
- IMPORTANT: if upgrading from a software version less than 4.80 you must follow these steps for future BaseCamp Compatibility:
If you are a user of BaseCamp now, or plan to be in the future, you must follow these steps to ensure your data is protected during this software update:
- Connect your handheld unit to a computer and launch BaseCamp. Transfer all tracks, routes and waypoints to BaseCamp.
- Delete the /Garmin/GPX folder from the handheld's mass storage.
- Update the handheld's software via WebUpdater and reboot the handheld.
- Reconnect the handheld to a computer and transfer your data from BaseCamp back to the handheld.
Changes made from version 6.40 to 6.60:
- Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
- Improved display of marine-specific lines in BlueChart g2 maps
- Fixed issue retrieving PLSS data in certain TOPO US 24k maps
Changes made from version 6.30 to 6.40:
- Added support for VIRB Remote. Setup > Main Menu to add. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2013/08/VIRB-remote.html) for more information.
- Fixed issue with route calculations always avoiding seasonally closed roads
Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.30:
- Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
- Fixed issue with incorrect letter capitalization of certain map points
- Fixed issue where wirelessly transmitting a geocache to another device would result in an error message when trying to view the received geocache in BaseCamp
Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.20:
- Improved map performance in densely-populated urban areas.
- Fixed trail searching when using multiple active routing maps.
- Fixed issue with saving a track's 'show on map' status across a power cycle.
- Fixed issue with displaying tracks on the map after performing an area calculation.
- Fixed potential shutdown when viewing certain tracks or routes in German or Russian.
- Fixed minor graphical issue with certain data fields on the map.
Changes made from version 6.00 to 6.10:
- Improved ascent and descent calculations.
- Fixed issue with recording temperature data in the current track log.
Changes made from version 5.90 to 6.00:
- Improved map drawing at low zoom levels.
- Fixed inability to edit archived tracks.
- Fixed ability to use NMEA depth for waypoints and tracks.
- Fixed display of geocache coordinates with non-default map datum.
- Fixed potential issue with reporting tempe temperature data.
- Fixed overlapping position text for right to left languages.
Changes made from version 5.80 to 5.90:
- Added Adventure support with latest version of BaseCamp. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/08/garmin-adventures.html) for more information.
- Added support for new tempe sensor. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/08/tempe-sensor.html) for more information.
Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.80:
- Added new route activity types and improved BaseCamp compatibility. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/05/get-active-with-garmin.html) for more information.
- Added support for Kenwood NMEA Waypoint Sentence
- Improved GPS response at low speeds
- Fixed issue with preserving routes imported from BaseCamp (identical maps required)
- Fixed Spell Search in German
- Fixed possible issue with Where To? > Address searching
Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.50:
- Improved GPS response at low speeds.
- Fixed potential issue when exiting geocache descriptions
Changes made from version 5.20 to 5.40:
- Added Geocaching with Photos (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2012/01/geocaching-with-photos.html)
- Fixed potential naming issues with imported routes from BaseCamp
- Fixed issue with 'Hut' point type in TOPO Australia & New Zealand maps
- Fixed issue with magnetic north offset when projecting a waypoint
- Fixed issue with track log recording while using the stopwatch
- Fixed mass storage issue when used without batteries
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
- Fixed potential power-up issue introduced in previous release.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- Improvements to the geocaching experience. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/09/improved-geocaching.html) for more information.
- Fixed a potential hang on startup when importing large numbers of waypoints, tracks, routes, or geocaches
- Fixed issue with very long geocache descriptions
- Fixed shutdown when reviewing certain geocache descriptions
- Fixed issue where the photo orientation would be incorrect in the photo viewer
- Fixed potential shutdown while scrolling through Garmin Connect photos
- Fixed issue where some auto-archived tracks would be named in English regardless of user language
- Fixed bug that could cause some geocaches to not import
Changes made from version 4.80 to 5.00:
- Modified default map trails to appear as dashed red lines
- Fixed issue where geocache icons would sometimes not draw on the map while using Garmin GB Discoverer™ maps
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.80:
- Added support for advanced geocache logging with OpenCaching.com. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/08/advanced-geocache-logging-with-opencachingcom.html) for more information.
- Fixed issue with multilingual custom POI files
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.50:
- Updated magnetic Earth field data
- Improved GPS performance
- Improved support for BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (each provider's imagery can be configured independently)
- Increased the maximum number of supported JNX files to 250 from 200
- Fixed issues with WAAS/EGNOS
- Fixed issue with track navigation sometimes not adding waypoints to the Active Route list
- Fixed issue with MPC map labels disappearing
- Fixed shutdown on the map page when you have a geocache dashboard active and return after pressing the geocache name
- Fixed issue with moon not showing on sun and moon page
- Fixed issue with photo viewer not displaying correctly
- Fixed issue with progress bar displaying properly on power up
- Fixed issue with waypoint distances showing significantly off in the waypoint manager
- Fixed issue with 3D view
- Fixed issue with track navigation not adding waypoints to the Active Route list when they are exactly equal to a track point
- Fixed shutdown when more than the maximum number of JNX files were present
- Fixed 'Search Near' functionality on Hunt & Fish and Sun & Moon pages
- Fixed shutdown related to topographical maps and land cover text size
- Fixed shutdown associated with certain custom POI files
- Fixed Glide Ratio to Destination field
- Fixed problem with profiles and the fields on the map page
- Fixed an issue with magnetic north reference and waypoint headings
- Fixed shutdown on the map screen when a waypoint was being moved to the same location as a geocache or other POIs
- Fixed an issue with archived tracks not displaying properly
- Fixed an issue with having too many custom symbols on the device
- Fixed an issue with renaming a waypoint immediately after creating it
- Modified the 'Arriving at Destination' message banner so that it no longer appears when navigating to a geocache
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.20:
- Fixed shutdown related to the current track that occurred after updating the software
- Fixed a hang that occurred when a unit had 1000 auto-named waypoints
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Added support for Chirp.
- Fixed problem with certain custom maps.
- Fixed problem with certain JPEG images.
- Fixed issue with Sight 'N Go and user north reference.
- Fixed potential hang on start up after an upgrade.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Fixed issue while using spell search in route planner.
- Fixed issue on 3D View where vehicle could move after using the map.
- Fixed issue where tracks could not be disabled from the map.
- Fixed issues with odometer distance.
- Fixed shutdown while panning the map for extended periods of time.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.80:
- Added ability to move waypoints using the map
- Added ability to set user declination direction
- Added Automatic Shaded Relief option
- Added brightness adjustments for BirdsEye imagery
- Added display color to track gpx files
- Added Geocache filtering. Select Setup > Geocaches to add custom filters
- Added import indicator for gpx files
- Added multicaching support
- Added periodic track archiving
- Added track review page improvements
- Improved keyboard responsiveness
- Improved WAAS performance
- Fix hang searching for POI
- Fixed elevation profiles to always use the most detailed DEM data loaded
- Fixed future plot with tracks that have no elevations in them
- Fixed issue with calculator % function
- Fixed issue with map POI's showing twice for a single point
- Fixed issue with Oblique Mercator User grid
- Fixed issue with stuck route button.
- Fixed occasional shutdowns
- Fixed shutdown on About Page
- Fixed spot sounding display on certain maps
- Updated map review of tracks and routes. The distance shown is now the distance along the route or track.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Added BirdsEye control to Profiles.
- Fixed map display problems.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fixed issue with units getting stuck in demo mode.
- Fixed color issues with GB Discoverer and Custom Maps.
- Fixed issue where portions of GB Discoverer Maps would disappear.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Increased the map drawing range to allow maps to draw farther south.
- Corrected issue with route line sometimes not drawing.
- Corrected issues with marine POI.
- Corrected issues with GB Discoverer maps.
- Corrected issues with possible corrupted profile showing on the Profile Change page.
- Corrected issue with project waypoint bearing sometimes not showing the input value.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 3.00:
- Added ability to view elevation plot of upcoming active route or currently navigated track in blue.
- Added display of icons to the lists in Where To? > Waypoints and the Geocaching application.
- Added phone numbers when available to POI review pages.
- Added Compass, Stopwatch, Active Geocache, and Elevation Plot dashboard options.
- Introduced dashboard options to the Compass and Map pages.
- Improved track navigation. Visit http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/trail-tech/ for more information.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added profile support for Garmin Custom Maps
- Fixed lockup while using GB Discoverer maps
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.60:
- Added support for Garmin Custom Maps
- Added heading to geotagged photo EXIF information (see GPSImgDirection and GPSImgDirectionRef tags)
- Improved along road routing performance
- Improved support for importing geotagged photos to various desktop applications
- Corrected issues causing some geotagged photos to be drawn at incorrect location on the map
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.30:
- Added LKS92 map datum
- Added GPS firmware 3.70
- Added support for GPI Routes
- Added thumbnail to camera page for quick review/deletion of most recently created photo
- Added estimation of the number of remaining photos that the unit can take
- Improved compass responsiveness
- Fixed possible shutdown from low alkaline batteries when on camera page
- Fixed possible shutdown due to deleting a waypoint while panning on the map page
- Fixed issue where multiple GB Discoverer maps would not draw
- Fixed issue with the address wizard not searching in the correct city
- Fixed issue with backlight timer not functioning properly
- Fixed user heading setting for mils so that all applicable headings are displayed with the correct heading format
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.