Updates & Downloads
zumo 660 (GCD File) software version 4.90
as of April 1, 2013
Use myDashboard to install this file.
View system requirements
Changes made from version 4.80 to 4.90:
- Added AVRCP capability to the Nav IV product.
- Fixed an error with the connection to IPhone 4s.
- Fixed a communication problem with LIN mounts.
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:
- Changed battery charging mode to comply with new California energy regulations.
- Fixed an error that caused some SD cards to not be recognized.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to shut down with highly-detailed 3rd-party maps.
- Increased the length of a route that can be calculated in its entirety.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.70:
- Improved the speed of TrackBack route calculations.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to freeze when importing routes from gpx files.
- Fixed an error that caused a missing key on the Arabic keyboard.
- Fixed an error that dropped street names with the Czech text language on the map.
- BMW Nav IV only: Fixed an error that prevented the page button from working properly on the Fuel setup page.
- BMW Nav IV only: Fixed an error that caused the previously active route to deactivate when the vehicle was restarted.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Updated to comply with France Safety Camera decree.
- Fixed an error that caused descriptions to appear incorrectly on the Coordinates review page.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Fixed an error with Topo Svalbard maps.
- Fixed an error that prevented the user from opening Travel Guide on the map.
- Fixed an error that caused the navigation voice to speak prompts rapidly and at a high pitch.
- Fixed an error that caused the navigation voice to not speak numeric delimiters in some languages.
- Fixed an error that caused the volume to not return to its previous level when mute was turned off.
- Fixed an error with Arabic characters on the map.
- Fixed an error with changing states when searching for a location.
- Improved software stability.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Added upcoming streets to the map banner if no route is active.
- Fixed an error that caused imported tracks to not route properly.
- Fixed an error with the PIN entry page on OEM units.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Software update restores Bluetooth settings to default values. Bluetooth devices must be paired with the zumo again.
- Added the ability to reset the odometer map field.
- Increased Bluetooth volume when connected over A2DP.
- Improvements to screen brightness.
- Fixed crashes that occur when importing long routes from MapSource.
- Other general software improvements.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Fixed a problem where the volume of navigation voice prompts was not consistent.
- Fixed an issue where the preferred road name was not used for the navigation voice prompt.
- Fixed inconsistency between navigation voice volumes when the Master and Media Volume are set to 100%.
- Increased the volume of proximity alarms transmitted over Bluetooth or analog headsets.
- Fixed a display problem in the music volume screen.
- Fixed a problem where the unit appeared to hang on startup while loading maps.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Added support for an additional manufacturer's display.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Corrected spontaneous shutdowns that could occur when satellite reception is temporarily lost.
- Corrected intermittent issue with music not resuming after a navigation prompt when paired to A2DP headphones.
- Corrected some languages not showing up on the unit.
- Corrected problems with the turn arrow in More Map View.
- Corrected a shutdown that could occur while reviewing off road tracks.
- Corrected an issue that could cause the unit to not shut off when connected to external power.
- Corrected importing only the first 650 points of some off road tracks.
- Corrected incorrect color on Netherlands Topographic Map.
- Corrected an issue calling some POIs.
- Corrected a possible shutdown when searching for cities.
- Corrected unit freezing when reviewing some POIs.
- Reduced the volume of the proximity alarm tone when using a headset.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.80:
- Corrected a possible freeze while playing MP3s while paired to a helmet and a phone.
- Corrected to allowed routes to be imported from matching maps on MapSource without recalculation.
- Corrected an issue that could cause a failure to transfer phonebooks from a Bluetooth connected phone with phonebook transfer support.
- Corrected missing keys on Turkish keyboard.
- Corrected an issue that could cause the unit to freeze when connected to a BMW mount and using the page key.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.50:
- Added TracBack.
- Added Autozoom toggle setting.
- Added Off setting for Proximity Alerts.
- Added dynamic range compression for louder voice guidance.
- Connect the headset before the phone on startup.
- Draw Arabic map labels in the correct direction.
- Fixed several route import issues.
- Fixed calculator percentage function.
- Fixed selection of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Taiwanese text.
- Fixed some Bluetooth pairing issues.
- Fixed map pattern drawing.
- Fixed editing of the current route.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Added MSN Direct v3 support.
- Added reverse route functionality.
- Added South African traffic support.
- Fixed several issues with the Trip Log.
- Fixed an issue with route recalculation.
- Fixed incorrect turn angle seen in some roundabouts.
- Fixed import of Favorites.
- Fixed an issue when importing GPX routes.
- Display city names on the main map.
- Prevent accidental stop of route while holding the Back button.
- Added support for enhanced audio Audible books.
- Fixed navigation prompt playback for some helmets/headsets when A2DP is streaming.
- Fixed an issue that could cause problems with MapSource or WebUpdater.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fixed incompatible audio version when using the Croatian voice.
- Fixed an issue with WebUpdater that caused older voices to be downloaded.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.10:
- Correct problem where units entered a loop of Updating GPS firmware.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Corrected issue that caused the city names not to appear on the map.
- Corrected an issue that caused some settings not to save properly.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.