Updates & Downloads
ANT Agent for Mac software version 2.2.2
as of March 15, 2012
View installation instructions
- Garmin ANT Agent allows you to transfer fitness data from compatible Garmin ANT devices to and from your computer. Garmin ANT Agent detects any paired Garmin devices in range and automatically downloads fitness data to your computer and transfers the data to Garmin Connect.
- This version supports:
Receiving history from all Garmin ANT devices
Sending received history to Garmin Connect
Goals in Garmin Connect will automatically be sent to your Forerunner 310XT and Forerunner 405 when receiving history
Sending workouts, courses and user profile to Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 405 and Forerunner 610 from Training Center
Updating firmware in FR60, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 405 and Forerunner 610
Sending goals to Forerunner 310XT and Forerunner 405 from Garmin Connect
Receiving workouts and courses/virtual races from Forerunner 310XT and Forerunner 610
- System Requirements:
OS 10.6.8 or later
256 MB RAM
150 MB free disk space
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.2:
- Changes to support manufacturing
- Fixed minor issues
Changes made from version 2.2.0 to 2.2.1:
- Added support for Gatekeeper and the default security settings on Mac OS X 10.8
- Discontinued support for Mac OS X 10.5
Changes made from version 2.1.9 to 2.2.0:
- Added support for native FIT file transfers for supporting devices.
- The application has changed to appear in the status bar instead of the dock.
- Improved Garmin Connect authorization and upload process.
- Improved performance with reduced memory consumption.
- Improved new files monitoring and detection for data uploads to the device.
- Added ability to auto-pair with supporting devices.
Changes made from version 2.1.7 to 2.1.9:
- Fixed issue with including pause duration of activities in the total time.
- Improved the ability to handle invalid FIT files from a device.
- Fixed issue while handling workouts with power percent FTP targets more than 100%.
Changes made from version 2.1.6 to 2.1.7:
- Added 64-bit support.
- Fixed kernel panics by removing kernel driver dependency.
- Fixed crash that could occur when waking machine from sleep.
- Improve stability of the application with reduced serial errors.
- Fixed issue when uploading workouts with repeat steps with power.
- Fixed issue with workouts and courses getting deleted on device after transfer.
- Added ability to handle erroneous pause data from FIT devices.
- Fixed crash when canceling device rename.
- Fixed potential crash after device pairing.
- Performance improvement related to memory consumption and leaks.
- Fixed issue with garbage characters when sending data to Japanese fitness devices.
Changes made from version 2.1.5 to 2.1.6:
- Fixed crash when communicating with device when Mac OS is running in Japanese.
- Fixed issue that would cause Forerunner 405 version 2.30 to lock up during a firmware update.
- Added ability to auto generate device names after pairing.
- Added ability to give the user feedback when pairing with device fails.
Changes made from version 2.1.4 to 2.1.5:
- Improved efficiency of searching for devices when pairing is turned ON.
- Fixed crash that occurs when reading activities from devices that have corrupted runs.
- Fixed issue in transfer of workouts containing power targets to a Forerunner 310XT.
- Fixed occasional crash that occurs when attempting to send corrupted data to the device written by other client applications.
- Fixed occasional crash that occurs when renaming the device after pairing.
- Fixed issue where cadence was not being properly categorized as run or bike cadence in multisport activities.
Changes made from version 2.1.3 to 2.1.4:
- Fixed issues on Snow Leopard with large device upload including firmware and courses to the Forerunner 405 and 310XT.
- Fixed issue with auto update constantly nagging the user about update file downloads.
Note: The fix will only be seen on the next update after this one.
- Fixed issue where hyperlink to Garmin Connect causes the status text font to change when clicked.
Changes made from version 2.1.2 to 2.1.3:
- Fixed issue with repeated transfer failures with the Forerunner 405CX.
- Fixed issue with not being able to update the firmware on a Forerunner 405 when the device is held in boot block mode.
- Fixed issue where transfers with Forerunner 310XT could take too long.
- Fixed issue where multisport transitions received from a Forerunner 310XT were not being saved properly.
- Fixed issue where Ant Agent would crash during transfer.
Changes made from version 2.1.0 to 2.1.2:
- Localized ANT Agent into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch(Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese(Brazil),Portuguese(Portugal) and Swedish.
- Fixed an issue with firmware updates from 2.3 to 2.5 on the Forerunner 405.
- Fixed a crash related to Forerunner 405 transfer.
- Added ability to re-launch and re-authorize device on Garmin Connect in case of error.
- Fixed a bug where ANT Agent would not quit after downloading an update in the background.
- Fixed issue where cycling cadence that was received from a power meter source in Forerunner310XT activity files was not being handled correctly when creating TCX activity files.
Changes made from version 2.0.3 to 2.1.0:
- Added support for FR60 and Forerunner 310XT
- Download history from FR60 and Forerunner 310XT
- Send firmware updates and user profile to FR60 and Forerunner 310XT
- Send/Receive workouts, courses and goals from Forerunner 310XT.
- Updated last transfer status text to include information about Garmin Connect server responses during transfer.
- Avoided creating duplicates of TCX files in the device History folder.
- Fixed a crash where launching ANT Agent would crash when a removable volume with non-English characters in the name was mounted.
- Fixed crashes involving application termination.
- Fixed issue on PowerPC Mac which could cause a crash when the ANT stick was unplugged.
Changes made from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.3:
- Fixed transfer crash in FR50 when the data in the watch is corrupted.
- Modified 'Authorization OK' dialog for better visibility.
- Fixed crashes that occurs when quitting the application.
- Fixed a crash after downloading goals from Garmin Connect and sending to the device in OS 10.4.11.
- Added support for updating Forerunner 405 firmware
- Added support for sending goals to Forerunner 405 from Garmin Connect
Changes made from version 2.0.1 to 2.0.2:
- Sending courses, workouts and user profile to FR405 from Mac Training Center.
- Auto detection of changes to proxy device directory that provides a visual indication that a transfer is pending to the device.
- Provided time remaining information for transfers.
- Improved performance of transfers.
- Provided friendly names for devices during pairing.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the application to get into a bad state when device folders get corrupted.
- Download the dmg file using the link above.
- Double-click the downloaded file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Garmin ANT Agent' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install the Garmin ANT Agent.