Updates & Downloads
nuvi 7x5 (GCD File) software version 4.50
as of September 6, 2012
Use myDashboard to install this file.
View system requirements
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Fixed an error that sometimes caused the device to disconnect when updating the map.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Fixed an error that caused the device to find no results when the user changed state or province during address searches (2010 maps only).
- Added support for a second map on an SD card.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to not find streets that were spelled with a diacritic ß, instead of ss
- Fixed an error that caused the wrong time to display on the World Clock page.
- Added the missing ?Z? on Latvian keyboards.
- Improved the accuracy of route calculations.
- Fixed an error that occasionally caused the unit to shut down.
- Fixed an error that caused the device to detect the wrong keyboard.
- Fixed an error that prevented the device from accessing certain POIs while the unit was searching.
- Fixed an error that caused the unit to display the arrival time as off by one hour when on routes that crossed time zones.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Fixed a potential issue with retail map updates
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.20:
- Fixed an error that caused the unit to shut down or freeze when a user inserted a SD card.
- Fixed an error that prevented a user from selecting a Country or State/Province while searching for an address using third-party maps.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Added support for traffic reports in Russia.
- Corrected a shutdown in Europe during routing.
- Corrected handling of ramps and interchanges.
- Improved voice prompts to eliminate stuttering.
- Corrected arrival times to include traffic delays.
- Improved keyboard response and accuracy.
- Corrected issue with telephone calls to national POIs.
- Corrected handling of Arabic characters.
- Improved LBA coupon displays.
- Corrected shutdowns in maps with 3D buildings and DEM data.
- Corrected arrival time when time is changed manually.
- Corrected the reset of audio options when restoring proximity points.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.90:
- Corrected occasional freeze near some safety cameras.
- Corrected failure to calculate some long routes spanning multiple maps.
- Added new Transit categories supported by 2010 and newer City Navigator maps.
- Corrected some issues with fuel economy calculations.
- Corrected problem when searching for cities with certain characters.
- MP3 tracks will now resume after a proximity alert.
- Corrected the Turkish keyboard.
- Corrected some issues when avoiding traffic.
- Corrected a shut down when zooming in on a lake with Inland Lakes map data.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.60:
- Correct problem where units entered a loop of Updating GPS firmware
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Corrected issue that prevented a purchased traffic subscription code from properly unlocking receiver.
- Corrected issue that prevented delay from being shown for certain types of traffic events.
- Corrected issue with incorrect MSN Direct flight times being displayed.
- Corrected issue where audio prompts might be lost after removing unit from the mount.
- Enabled Low Battery warning.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Corrected routing in certain situations.
- Corrected handling of certain text languages.
- Improved behavior when switching color modes.
- Added support for new traffic cameras.
- Improved abbreviations for street names when selecting German or French languages.
- Correct error that caused some unique traffic events to have an improper delay associated.
- Correct labeling issue in the ecoRoute mileage report.
- Improved compatibility with 3 way calling.
- Don't allow other audio to play between ring tones.
- Corrected some improper lane guidance arrows with 2009.10 maps.
- Corrected issue that caused final point to be lost in optimal route reorder.
- Corrected error in fuel efficiency calibration with Liters/100Km units.
- Corrected issue that prevented being able to identify points on the map when browsing the 2009.11 CNNA maps.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Corrected issue that caused some map areas to draw on top of the roads.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 3.00:
- Added support for new MSN features - Weather Radar and Alerts, Send Routes to GPS, and Flight Delay Status.
- Added support for ecoRoute features.
- Corrected VIB support.
- Updated to support new Audible book format.
- Avoid Highway option now avoids limited access roads over long distances.
- Adjust FM transmitter performance for Europe.
- Corrected several issues with Language Guide support.
- Enhanced A2DP (Stereo Bluetooth) support.
- Added AVRCP (Bluetooth Audio Remote Control) support.
- Added 3 way calling support.
- Decrease traffic delay automatic recalculation threshold.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.50:
- Enhanced map drawing performance and reliability
- Enhanced BT audio, connectivity and phonebook support
- Inhibit display of the proximity warning over the Lane Assist view
- Added additional checks so that Yards is used only for the UK locale
- Updated text for the display of street prefixes in Europe
- Corrected roundabout angle display in the next turn indicator
- Corrected incorrect country code dialing
- Corrected some issues that could make the unit's touch screen non-responsive
- Corrected issue with warnings about locked GPI files
- Corrected issue with Hungarian QWERTY keyboard layout
- Corrected several issues with third party map compatibility
- Added Fleet Management Interface support
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.