Updates & Downloads
GPSMAP 495 software version 2.80
as of May 6, 2013
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Support for new 010-10517-02 battery pack
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Improved GPS satellite acquisition processing
- Updated magnetic variation table with IGRF 2010 model
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Added support for large NAND datacards
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Support expanded terrain data coverage
- Improved power-up processing
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.40:
- Displayed facility name and city data on Go To page
- Improved Active Route page functionality
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Improved airport runway length display
- Improved battery gauge accuracy
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Improved terrain alerting over oceanic areas
- Improved compatibility with 512MB data card
- Improved unit behavior when a blank data card is inserted
- Improved route leg transition when traveling at high speed
- Increased maximum number of maps that can be stored on a data card
- Improved display of battery charge level
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file for your GPSMAP495 onto your hard drive.
- Connect your GPSMAP495 to a free USB or serial port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.
- Turn on your GPSMAP495.
If you are using USB, ensure it shows USB as connected when the cable is plugged in.
If you are using serial, ensure the Serial Data Format is set to 'Garmin Data Transfer' for the port you are using. You can find this setting on the 'Interface' tab of the 'Setup' section of the Main Menu.
- Open the self-extracting archive file and follow the instructions provided by the update application.
During the upload, the GPSMAP495's display will indicate 'Software Loading....' The upload process should take 1-10 minutes to complete, depending on interface used for update. When the upload is completed, the GPSMAP495 will reset itself and turn on normally.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.