Updates & Downloads
Oregon software version 4.20
as of May 18, 2011
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Updated magnetic Earth data
- Improved GPS performance
- Improved support for BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (each provider's imagery can be configured independently)
- Increased the maximum number of supported JNX files to 250 from 200
- Fixed issues with WAAS/EGNOS
- Fixed issue with track navigation sometimes not adding waypoints to the Active Route list
- Fixed issue with MPC map labels disappearing
- Fixed shutdown on the map page when you have a geocache dashboard active and return after pressing the geocache name
- Fixed issue with photo viewer not displaying correctly
- Fixed issue with 3D view
- Fixed issue with track navigation not adding waypoints to the Active Route list when they are exactly equal to a track point
- Fixed shutdown when the device had more than the maximum number of JNX files on it
- Fixed shutdown related to topographical maps and land cover text size
- Fixed shutdown associated with certain custom POI files
- Fixed Glide Ratio to Destination field
- Fixed an issue related to adding a geocache as a point in a route
- Fixed an issue with magnetic north reference and waypoint headings
- Modified the 'Arriving at Destination' message banner so that it no longer appears when navigating to a geocache
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Added support for chirp (Oregon 300, Oregon 400).
- Fixed problem with certain custom maps.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Fixed issue on 3D View where vehicle could move after using the map.
- Fixed issue on map page where back button would jump to the main menu.
- Fixed issues with odometer distance.
- Fixed shutdown while panning the map for extended periods of time.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Added ability to set user declination direction
- Added Automatic Shaded Relief option
- Added brightness adjustments for BirdsEye imagery
- Added Geocache filtering. Select Setup > Geocaches to add custom filters
- Added multicaching support
- Improved WAAS performance
- Fixed elevation profiles to always use the most detailed DEM data loaded
- Fixed issue with calculator % function
- Fixed issue with map POI's showing twice for a single point
- Fixed issue with Oblique Mercator User grid
- Fixed occasional shutdowns
- Fixed spot sounding display on certain maps
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Added BirdsEye control to profiles.
- Added screen calibration option to Oregon 200.
- Fixed issue changing marine modes.
- Fixed map display problems.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Added support for Garmin BirdsEye.
- Added mmHg pressure units.
- Added ability to change active track color.
- Added option to calibrate screen under Setup->Display.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Increased the map drawing range to allow maps to draw farther south.
- Corrected issue with route line sometimes not drawing.
- Corrected issues with marine POI.
- Corrected issues with GB Discoverer maps.
- Corrected issue with project waypoint bearing sometimes not showing the input value.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Added ability to view elevation plot of upcoming active route or currently navigated track in blue.
- Added display of icons to the lists in Where To? > Waypoints and the Geocaching application.
- Added phone numbers when available to POI review pages.
- Added Compass, Stopwatch, Active Geocache, and Elevation Plot dashboard options.
- Introduced dashboard options to the Compass and Map pages.
- Improved track navigation.Visit http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/trail-tech/ for more information.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Added profile support for Garmin Custom Maps
- Fixed lockup while using GB Discoverer maps
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Added support for Garmin Custom Maps
- Improved along road routing performance
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Added LKS92 map datum
- Added support for GPS firmware 3.70
- Added support for GPI routes
- Improved compass responsiveness
- Fixed potential shutdown related to drawing 32-bit map points
- Fixed potential issues during power on.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.10:
- Added Waypoint Averaging application (For more information visit our new Trail Tech website at http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/trail-tech/)
- Added Sight 'N Go application for the Oregon 300/400i/400c/400t
- Added Man Overboard application
- Added big numbers option to the trip computer
- Added customizable text to unit power-on screen (see \Garmin\startup.txt)
- Added ability to load maps from any img file in the Garmin directory
- Added new trip computer dashboards
- Added option to display four configurable data fields on the map
- Added 'search near' option to Geocaches search
- Added the ability to view geocache logs separate from the description
- Added ability to see a list of points from the map when several points are at the same location
- Added ability to edit a waypoint from the waypoint review
- Added support for Custom POI database and category selection
- Added distance and bearing to point when reviewing a Custom POI
- Added POI subcategories
- Added change location to Sun and Moon
- Added change location to Hunt and Fish
- Added ability to force the Oregon into mass storage mode by holding the power button for 30 seconds while plugged into a USB cable
- Added NMEA 9600 baud
- Improved render quality of GB Discoverer maps and maps with satellite imagery
- Improved map zooming
- Improved map draw speed
- Improved map panning and zooming when shaded relief is turned on
- Improved automatic route recalculation
- Improved Custom POI spell search
- Improved Main Menu setup and added option to add and remove items
- Improved readability of configurable data fields
- Improved display of numeric degrees and mils
- Improved GPS performance at slow speeds in tree cover
- Improved compass responsiveness in challenging GPS environments
- Improved battery gage for NiMH batteries
- Improved stability when changing profiles
- Improved Wherigo stability
- Improved connection reliability with Spanner
- Improved Spanish keyboard
- Fixed airport points not displaying on the map
- Fixed lockup when a search returns no results
- Fixed elevation errors when reviewing a point other than a waypoint
- Increased the number of waypoints viewable from the Waypoint Manager and Where To?>Waypoints
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed 3D view not displaying
- Fixed shaded relief being set to 'Do Not Show'
- Added setting to change land cover text size
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Added support for Garmin GB Discoverer maps
- Added ability to view marine chart notes for marine points
- Added ability to change the date for the tide and currents charts
- Added a display option in the setup menu to save battery power
- Fixed shutdown that can occur when you enter coordinates in demo mode
- Fixed a potential shutdown that can occur when panning the map that is showing satellite imagery
- Improved GPS accuracy when using WAAS
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Fixed issue that caused a shutdown during power on
- Added support for marine fishing, nautical, and off modes
- Added tide and current charts
- Added ability to access marine point information on the review page
- Made marine POIs available when panning the map
- Fixed issue when marking waypoints in the W Malayan RSO position format.
- Added GDA 94 datum.
- Added NAD 83 datum.
- Improved user interface for waypoint location editing
- Added 'Coordinates' option to the 'Where To?' menu
- Improved position accuracy calculation
- Improved static position accuracy
- Added RTCM support
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed issue with barometric pressure.
- Fixed issue with tide station data.
- Fixed issue with elevation over time plot.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved accuracy of altimeter for large altitude changes.
- Improved importing geocaches. When the same geocaches is in multiple files, the geocaches from the newer file (file modified time) will be imported.
- Fixed text writing on top of itself in some geocaches descriptions.
- Fixed freeze when loading some geocaches descriptions.
- Fixed issues causing a 'Memory Full' warning message.
- Fixed issues with power off pressure trending.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Added the ability to control the scale of the x and y axes of elevation plot . Tap the x-axis legend to zoom the x-axis. Tap the y-axis legend to zoom the y-axis
- Added panning and zooming to the image viewer
- Added ability to set position after pressing the go button when GPS is in Demo Mode
- Added option to add a point from the map in Route Planner
- Added option to search near a point on the map in Where To?
- Added preview of on-road routes in Route Planner
- Added option to save a geocaches as a waypoint
- Added error message when the maximum number of geocaches is exceeded (2000)
- Added error message when the maximum number of gpx files is exceeded (200)
- Added option to clear the current track from Track Manager
- Added support for downloading geocaches written using Groundspeak v1.1 extentions
- Added elevation plot type to user profiles
- Improved GPS performance
- Improved map drawing performance in some situations
- Improved handling of naming a waypoint the same as an existing waypoint
- Improved feedback when typing an invalid character into the keyboard
- Improved display of intermittent water areas
- Fixed 3D View not showing detail from supplemental maps
- Fixed 3D View occasionally not showing anything
- Fixed waypoint and geocache symbols not updating on the map after being changed
- Fixed Custom POIs not being removed from Recent Finds after the Custom POI database was deleted
- Fixed being unable to pan or zoom when reviewing a route
- Fixed issues with Cyrillic characters
- Fixed issue where the Oregon would temporally stop responding after a spell search
- Fixed issue where left map data field could get stuck on depth
- Fixed creating invalid gpx files after projecting a waypoint
- Fixed city coloring with CityNav 2009
- Fixed map getting stuck in north up mode after panning
- Fixed geocaches without names not being in the geocaches list
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Added support for customizing track colors.
- Added support for custom POI alarms.
- Improved track archiving.
- Enabled map drawing above 75 degrees latitude.
- Reduced boot time.
- Added DEM shading setting to user profile.
- Added alarm tone that cannot be turned off.
- Improved high detail map drawing.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.