Updates & Downloads
DNX 7X20 / DNX 8X20 software version 2.80
as of May 9, 2011
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed a problem updating to 2011 European maps
- POI spell search would not work for 2008(and later) Middle east maps
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed compatibility issue with 2010 Middle Eastern map.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Improved the way POI categories are displayed when using City Navigator Europe NT 2009 maps.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed remote update behaviour when powered accessory is attached.
- Fixed issue with postal code search on Singapore/Malayzia maps.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed a problem with elevation basemap shading.
- Fixed a problem with reading files from an SD card.
- Fixed an error causing forecasts to not be displayed when using XM.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed a problem that would display the unit id as a negative number when updating maps.
- Fixed a problem that could interfere with a map update if a pop-up message occurred.
- Fixed a translation problem with British English
- Fixed a problem with the elevation basemap not drawing in 2d mode.
- Removed a message that may pop-up if WAAS was enabled.
- Added support to correct problem if 'Maps are locked' message appears.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Pressing on the next turn distance and time on a custom map tab will repeat the next turn instruction.
- Added code to prevent the loss of map unlock codes.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on an SD data card (must be at least 16mb space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Insert SD card into Kenwood Navigation System. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it.
- Your Kenwood Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- Remove SD card.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.