Updates & Downloads
DNX 5 / 6 Series software version 2.80
as of May 9, 2011
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed a problem updating to 2011 European maps
- POI spell search would not work for 2008(and later) Middle east maps
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed compatibility issue with 2010 Middle Eastern map.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Improved the way POI categories are displayed when using City Navigator Europe NT 2009 maps.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed remote update behaviour when powered accessory is attached.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed a problem with elevation basemap shading.
- Fixed a problem with reading files from an SD card.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed a problem that would display the unit id as a negative number when updating maps.
- Fixed a problem that could interfere with a map update if a pop-up message occurred.
- Fixed a translation problem with British English
- Fixed a problem with the elevation basemap not drawing in 2d mode.
- Removed a message that may pop-up if WAAS was enabled.
- Added support to correct problem if 'Maps are locked' message appears.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Pressing on the next turn distance and time on a custom map tab will repeat the next turn instruction.
- Added code to prevent the loss of map unlock codes.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your PC.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and a select temporary location of your choosing to extract the update.
- Click Unzip to extract the update.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Insert a burnable CD into your PC.
- Use CD burning software to create a 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Add the files extracted in step #4 to the 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Burn the files to the CD. If your burner software provides an option to 'close' or 'finalize' the CD after burning, select that option. If your computer provides an option to burn in a 'Mastered' format or a 'Live File System' format, select 'Mastered'. When complete, eject the CD from your computer.
- Turn on the Kenwood Navigation System and press the [NAV] button to switch the display to the navigation system screen.
- Insert CD into Kenwood Navigation System. If there is already a CD in the drive, temporarily remove it first.
- Your Kenwood Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The unit will display banner 'Navigation Map Update Start'.
- The unit will restart several times during the update. The CD will eject before the update is complete. The warning page will display when the update is complete.
- Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system.