Updates & Downloads
DNX 5 / 6 Series software version 2.80
as of May 9, 2011
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fixed a problem updating to 2011 European maps
- POI spell search would not work for 2008(and later) Middle east maps
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed compatibility issue with 2010 Middle Eastern map.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Improved the way POI categories are displayed when using City Navigator Europe NT 2009 maps.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Fixed remote update behaviour when powered accessory is attached.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed a problem with elevation basemap shading.
- Fixed a problem with reading files from an SD card.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed a problem that would display the unit id as a negative number when updating maps.
- Fixed a problem that could interfere with a map update if a pop-up message occurred.
- Fixed a translation problem with British English
- Fixed a problem with the elevation basemap not drawing in 2d mode.
- Removed a message that may pop-up if WAAS was enabled.
- Added support to correct problem if 'Maps are locked' message appears.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Pressing on the next turn distance and time on a custom map tab will repeat the next turn instruction.
- Added code to prevent the loss of map unlock codes.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your PC.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and a select temporary location of your choosing to extract the update.
- Click Unzip to extract the update.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Insert a burnable CD into your PC.
- Use CD burning software to create a 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Add the files extracted in step #4 to the 'garmin' directory on the CD.
- Burn the files to the CD and eject the CD from the computer.
- Turn on the Kenwood Navigation System and press the [NAV] button to switch the display to the navigation system screen.
- Insert CD into Kenwood Navigation System. If there is already a CD in the drive, temporarily remove it first.
- Your Kenwood Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The unit will display banner 'Navigation Map Update Start'.
- The unit will restart several times during the update. The CD will eject before the update is complete. The warning page will display when the update is complete.
- Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system.