Updates & Downloads
GVN53 software version 2.50
as of June 6, 2011
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added support for maps over 2GB in size.
- Corrected an error that may cause a reset while searching for a state in the address section.
- Fixed an audio line issue with XM audio.
- Corrected an issue that may cause a reset when receiving a corrupted weather broadcast.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Improved the method in which video settings are saved and restored.
- Made Western keyboard style the default for Atlantic products.
- Fixed address searching for some European countries where street names should be entered before street numbers.
- Fixed a problem where the proximity alarm settings were being reset between power cycles.
- Fixed issue with the display of addresses on custom map data fields.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on the SD data card (must be at least 16mb space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Make certain GVN53 Navigation System is off.
- Insert SD card into GVN53 Navigation System. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it.
- Turn on GVN53 Navigation system.
- Your GVN53 Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- Remove SD card.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available SD card reader.