Updates & Downloads
Edge 605/705 software version 3.30
as of December 10, 2010
View system requirements
- IMPORTANT: UPGRADING TO VERSION 3.30 WILL CLEAR ALL USER DATA.
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Improved calculation and reporting of total ascent, total descent, and grade.
- Correctly calibrate wheel size when using PowerTap hub.
- Backlight setting saved and set automatically on power-on.
- Improved 'Go Home' functionality to search for any user-created waypoints named 'home'.
- Added new timezone for Santiago, Chile.
- Allow house number 0 on find address page.
- Reduction in speed spikes from sensors.
- Added message indicating elevation calibration point (Save Location) has been found.
- Improved robustness of internal filesystem.
- Changed XML settings file for use with Garmin Training Center.
- Improved autopause detection.
- Improved SD card reading.
- Improved reliability of barometer calibration.
- Improved reporting of elevation data.
- Translation updates.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.10:
- Added ability to use waypoint elevation as the starting elevation for an activity when the user starts within approximately 30m of this waypoint.
- Fixed issue where workouts using power zones based on percent of FTP or heart rate zones based on percent of maximum HR were saved incorrectly.
- Fixed issue where Garmin Training Center could give a data transfer failed error if the unit had a bike profile name longer than fifteen characters.
- Fixed issue with inaccurate display of history dates in some languages.
- Added support for updated Australia Daylight Saving Time start and end dates.
- Updated translations.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Added support for high capacity SD cards. (4GB, 8GB, etc.)
- Improved power and speed data recording to minimize spikes.
- Added 3 and 30 second moving average power data fields.
- Fixed issue storing empty/unnamed speed zones in user profile.
- Fixed issue where viewing a Scheduled Advanced Workout causes it to be deleted.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Restructured activity logging to reduce the number of invalid TCX files.
- Corrected issues from 2.70 that could possibly corrupt the 'History' directory.
- Removed potential spikes in the power data after periods of coasting.
- Increased the allowable digits in the 'vertical to point' field to 4.
- Increased the allowable digits in the 'calories' field to 5.
- Updated translations.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Improved data recording in once per second mode
- Added ability to set averaging method for power and cadence
- Removed cadence filtering for power meters
- Made improvements to try to prevent spurious Auto Pauses
- Fixed distance and bearing display to work on Saved Rides list
- Fixed issue with trying to read files that start with '.' that caused problems with Mac communication
- Fixed issue where random characters were displayed in list before course names loaded
- Fixed issue with speed targets not working properly in Advanced Workouts
- Fixed occasional issue where a corrupted history file could be created
- Added Venezuela and Australia-Lord Howe Island time zones
- Updated automatic Daylight Saving Time for Auckland, New Zealand, time zone
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Fixed occasional issue with Edge shutting down when scrolling through Saved Rides.
- Fixed occasional issue with Edge shutting down when Mode button was pressed while following a Course.
- Fixed issue where user could not change vertical zoom scale for a Course profile.
- Fixed a problem where indoor rides in History could slow down access to Where To? menu.
- Fixed issue with Advanced Workouts not showing up under Today when the workout is scheduled for the current day.
- Fixed issue where sometimes the most recent History would not be written out to XML until disconnecting and reconnecting USB.
- Corrected the Average Power value shown for Entire Ride in History.
- Removed filtering from power data stored in History files.
- Made some corrections to the Polish and Portuguese languages.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Implemented change to allow the user to access Map Setup option for tracks which will allow showing that track on a map, and what color to display it in.
- Added ability to set Off-Route Recalculation behavior in Routing menu. User can set it to Automatic, Off, or Prompted.
- Fixed issue with long routes shutting down.
- Fixed issue where Autopause and Start/Stop were not getting saved into the History files. This could also cause Courses created from this History to not register these times.
- Fixed issue where History files would occasionally not upload due to misaligned data.
- Fixed inaccurate elevation when moving to and from areas with distinctly different altitudes or atmospheric pressures.
- Fixed random elevation spike in the first few track points.
- Added the ability to delete tracks.
- Fixed issue where speed would drop to 0 going through turns.
- Fixed issue where viewing a Course on a map went to the wrong location.
- Fixed barometer initialization issues in situations where the unit is turned off and back on within 5 minutes in the same location.
- Fixed issue with Course List where actions could be applied to the wrong Course.
- Fixed issue where course guidance lines were drawn on top of roads.
- Fixed issue with repeated Autopausing when using a wheel sensor.
- Fixed issue with creating a Workout with Spanish language selected.
- Improved German translations.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed problem where stopping and restarting the timer could cause invalid track points.
- Fixed problem where an invalid power value could be logged when stopping and restarting the timer.
- Improve battery checking to remove inadvertent shutdowns.
- Fixed problem where speed sensor data was not used when GPS signal was lost.
- Fixed problem where low or 0 speed could be recorded prior to a turn.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Removed time limitation from history recording.
- Deleting history through the menu on the device will now also delete the history file from mass storage.
- Fixed issue where averages and calories could accumulate when auto-paused.
- Fixed issue where workout dates could be incorrect on the watch when loaded from the PC.
- Fixed issue where settings were sometimes not saved when GPS was turned off.
- When creating a course, device will no longer show history that does not have track point data.
- Correct issue with repeated auto-pause/resume when starting.
- Fixed issue where routes created in MapSource could have invalid points after being loaded to the Edge.
- Fixed some problems with calculating total ascent.
- Fixed issue with grade being dashed and elevation not changing.
- Added an Entertainment category in POI List.
- Speeded up searching in Find Cities.
- Fixed issue where wheel size was not auto-calibrating.
- Fixed issue where unit does not return to previous screen after route recalculation.
- Added progress bar for software updates.
- Added ability to hit LEFT/RIGHT to toggle between Bike Computer pages and Course Points page.
- Fixed problem with Time to Point display on course data page.
- Allow UP and DOWN to cycle the bottom pane of data on the Course Timer screen.
- Fixed some issues that would allow creating an invalid course that would end as soon as you pressed start.
- Fixed issue where certain languages (Svenska, Magyar, Slovensky) would not work with course compass page.
- Fixed issue where when more than one mapset is installed the unit only searches for addresses on the closest mapset.
- Fixed issue where keyboard would not immediately update when switching modes.
- Improved route recalculation.
- Fixed issue where ?Arriving At...' message does not always show destination.
- Disabled panning on the map displayed on the course timer page.
- Fixed issue where the Course Elevation Profile shows a straight line on long activities.
- Added average power to the lap data in XML.
- Updated many German translations.
- Fixed issue where auto-pause/manual lap causes 0 distance lap.
- Changed zoom levels at which towns and villages appear based on size to help declutter the map.
- Increased the number of calories that can be shown on History Totals page.
- Made some changes to reduce 0 speed reporting when using GSC10.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Added more power meter support.
- Added ANT sensor detected messages.
- Added Max Power, Last Lap Max Power, and Kilojoules fields.
- Fix problem with locking up on the map page.
- Added progress bar for reading new Saved Ride data on powerup.
- Adjustments to reduce speed spikes.
- Increased internal route point memory to handle longer tracks.
- Corrected ANT-to-ANT transfer page display in night mode.
- Fixed issue with backlight brightness adjustment.
- Fixed lap averages not being cleared correctly, when user stops the timer, laps, and starts the timer again.
- Fixed issue with power wattage not updating.
- Added power calibration success/fail messages.
- Battery display should no longer show less than 100% when charging is complete.
- Added SiRF InstantFix support to increase speed of initial GPS fix.
- Fixed issue where pressing buttons would affect altitude.
- Implemented feature request to be able to delete all waypoints from the device.
- Added a 'Cities' item to the find menu.
- Fixed issue where searching for an address lists specific street (Avenue, Circle etc.) instead of generic street name.
- The Follow History list is now filtered to only show rides that contain position data.
- Fixed issue where some combinations of maps would not work together.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Updated some language translations.
- Fixed problem updating GPS with WebUpdater.
- Corrected some problems with UserProfile file. Wheel size is no longer set to 0 by default. This was causing problems with Training Center.
- Fixed problem handling courses with no distance information.
- Changed battery display on menu bar and GPS page to be red when below 15 percent full.
- Fixed some problems with power and cadence averaging.
- Added GPS copyright information to poweron screen.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.