Updates & Downloads
Zumo BMW software version 2.50
as of March 5, 2009
View system requirements
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Corrected issue with traffic unlock code entry.
- Enabled XM satellite radio support. Requires GXM-30 accessory.
- Corrected issue with dialing European BMW dealers.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Speed up MadMaps route calculations
- Correct issue displaying GPI files that were created on a PC with a system code page other than 1252
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Added support for the European Retail Map Update
- Corrected issue that provided invalid search results near your destination for long routes.
- Corrected issue with MadMaps support that could cause an incorrect Speed Zone alert to display
- Correct issue when searching near cities
- Add support for African Time zones.
- Add support for several new pre-recorded voices.
- Add support for distances in yards when a British voice is selected (may require updated voice).
- Added support for MAD Maps scenic routes.
- Allow the compass page to display 5 digits of elevation.
- Improved handling of circular routes. Allows entry at alternate point. Will not announce arrival when starting a route. (All routes will be deleted after update, but can be re-imported from GPX files.)
- Keep the map detail level when go from main map to browse map.
- When reviewing a gas station after pressing the fuel button from main map, the map will now be centered on selected gas station rather than the vehicle.
- Change Optimal Reorder so it does not include the final point when reordering.
- Correct issue where backlight may change if you remain on the backlight adjust page for a period of time.
- Correct issue where backlight may turn off when location is above polar circle.
- Correct issue that would sometimes cause highways to be labeled with the incorrect name.
- Correct issue that would not allow more than a single point to be added to some routes.
- Correct issues when the same map is loaded in two different regions.
- Correct issue when searching for cities on basemap.
- Correct off road transitions in track to route when there is no map coverage.
- Correct issue playing Audible format 4 books.
- Correct distance for mixed routes imported from MapSource
- Correct issue that caused all traffic delays to be 1min when using certain maps.
- Correct issue that prevented TrafficMaster service from being properly named on the unit.
- Correct issue that prevented some very large track log activities from being archived correctly.
- Correct issue where changes to a route would be lost if you press and hold the back button.
- Correct issue that caused MP3?s to be paused for navigation announcements when navigation was set to off and a pre-recorded voice was selected.
- Added a user selectable Off Route Recalculation Mode
- Updated Compass and Trip Computer displays to remember their last page mode
- Enabled Bluetooth troubleshooting whenever a phone is paired
- Allow volume adjustment when using a Bluetooth headset with audio option set to phone only
- Added Lithuanian text language support
- Corrected issues in Trip log archive support that resulted in 0 length files and false reporting of full logs
- Corrected issue on Compass page that prevented it from displaying the heading
- Corrected flashing on the Enter Coordinates page
- Corrected issue that allowed the page key to escape from the pin entry for Garmin Lock
- Corrected rare issue that could prevent proper startup when custom POI files contain a large number of bitmaps
- Corrected problem ejecting on Mac computers
- Add support for coordinate entry in alternative grid formats
- Maintain zoom level when panning from main map
- Correct Extended Postal Code searching error in the UK
- Correct shutdown when import waypoint with unsupported symbol
- Correct import of certain route points with MapSource 6.12.2
- Correct issue that prevented trip log archive function from activating
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.