Updates & Downloads
MapInstall and MapManager for the Mac software version 4.1.1
as of September 17, 2014
View installation instructions
- MapInstall installs maps onto your Garmin USB GPS devices and SD card readers. Note that there is currently no support for serial or Palm devices.
- MapManager copies maps and unlock codes into the right place to be accessible by MapInstall and Training Center. To migrate the maps from your Windows PC, download MapConverter onto your PC and follow the instructions.
- System Requirements:
Intel based Mac running OS 10.6 or higher.
1024 MB RAM (2048 MB recommended)
- Download and install MapConverter for Windows to convert your unlocked PC maps for use on your Mac.
Changes made from version 4.1.0 to 4.1.1:
- Fixed issue with not cleaning up map files that failed mid-install
- Fixed several crash issues
Changes made from version 4.0.2 to 4.1.0:
- Added Monterra Support
- Fixed issue where MapInstall failed to handle partially unlocked maps
- Improved support for sending maps from BaseCamp
- Fixed issue where autoupdate checkbox didn't reflect actual autoupdate setting
Changes made from version 4.0.1 to 4.0.2:
- Improved performance for map trimming and map building.
- Fixed issue that made MapInstall appear to hang at startup.
- Fixed progress feedback at the end of trimming (MapInstall should not remain at 100% for a long time without actually being at 100%).
- Fixed an issue when hovering over map tiles would make MapInstall crash in some cases.
- Fixed an issue when trying to select more than 4GB worth of tiles.
- Fixed an issue with the display of maps when there was a partial map images installed on the device.
- Fixed handling of faulty map products.
- Fixed creation of md2 trimmed file.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Find Devices button several times would hang the app.
Changes made from version 4.0.0 to 4.0.1:
- Fixed an issue where MapInstall was writing maps to the wrong location on memory cards.
- Fixed an issue where MapInstall would display some maps twice.
- Fixed an issue where MapInstall would not detect some pre-programmed maps correctly.
- Improved handling of unexpected device disconnections.
- Improved handling of abnormal map data.
Changes made from version 2.1.6 to 4.0.0:
- Added ability to automatically send all current map products to newer devices if possible.
- Added ability to send full map products to newer devices rather than needing to select individual map tiles.
- The map selection page no longer lists map products that are locked for the selected device.
- Fixed map transfers failing with errors saying there wasn't enough space left on the device.
Changes made from version 2.1.5 to 2.1.6:
- Fixed an issue with sending Topo Deutschland maps that could case the maps to be displayed incorrectly on the device.
- Fixed an issue with certain maps sets that could cause the maps to not be recognized by the device.
- Fixed a crash when sending maps to an SD Card that contains a corrupt map image.
- Fixed a crash when no compatible maps products are found for the selected device.
- Fixed crash caused by a bad map installation.
Changes made from version 2.1.3 to 2.1.5:
- Fixed an issue related to unlocking maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused MapInstall to not detect US Topo 24K National Parks Central v3.
Changes made from version 2.1.0 to 2.1.3:
- Fixed an issue that caused transfer of map sets greater than 2GB to fail
- Fixed map transfer failures that happened on case sensitive file systems
- Fixed an issue that caused Topo 24K update reminder to show up at start up
- Fixed a crash when more than 4GB of maps are selected. Note that the maximum map size supported is 4GB
- Fixed a crash caused when an SD card with an empty name is mounted
- Fixed numerous other issues
- MapInstall launched from RoadTrip or BaseCamp will only show maps for the current transfer
- Map page will zoom-in to show selected maps
- Added an indication for number of maps selected in each map product
- Moved zoom scale to right side of map to avoid overlapping with copyright string
Changes made from version 2.0.2 to 2.1.0:
- Added integration with RoadTrip. When sending user data to the unit from RoadTrip you are given the option to send maps associated with the user data.
- Improved map drawing.
- Fixed several map compatibility issues, which was causing maps to not be found.
- Fixed issue where maps would not be found on case-sensitive volumes.
- Fixed issue where streets weren't labeled in when running in Mac OS 10.
- Fixed some USB issues that could cause transfer issues.
- Added ability to resize the window.
- Fixed non-NT maps failing to build or building incorrectly.
- Fixed Japanese address data being lost during transfer.
- Added auto update feature in the release version.
Changes made from version 2.0.1 to 2.0.2:
- Fixed an issue that could cause crashing in the edit unlock codes dialog.
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Install Garmin MapInstall' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin MapInstall.