Updates & Downloads
eTrex Venture HC software version 3.30
as of October 26, 2009
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- All user data will be erased in this version.
- Remove 'Interface' item in Setup Menu.
- Fix potential shutdown during track log data clearing.
- Modify page layout in 'Map Setup - General'.
- Fix the contour data intermittently drawing over interstates issue of Topo Map.
- Improve the blue shading color when using the setting 'Marine colors' in Daytime display mode.
- Fix map loading issue when using Mapsource tool.
- Fix minutes to hours roll over issue.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Restore default page sequence to correct wrong page index.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Remove route turn review.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Correct 'Vertical speed' and 'Glide ratio'.
- Correct waypoint symbol image display on unit by xImage tool.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Add splash screen feature.
- Improve distance calculation in odometer.
- Fix system freeze issue.
- Fix shutdown issue when browse detail map.
- Correct user grid.
- Fix screen fade in cold temperature.
- Fix proximity alarm issue.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.70:
- Correct German translation of 'delete all waypoints'.
- Improve sun times for polar regions.
- Allow backlight adjustment on the track back point selection page.
- Fix shutdown when editing Estonian Grid coordinates.
- Correct daylight saving time for New Zealand.
- Correct potential shutdown when viewing a vertical profile.
- Correct European word translation of 'Find' and 'Mark'.
- Support multiple languages in American version.
- Fix screen fading issue in cold temperature.
- Correct total ascent calculation.
- Correct direction symbol of vertical speed.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.30:
- Change number of lines of text in the address field on map feature review page from 4 to 6.
- Limit number of custom POI bitmaps to 64 to ensure enough memory resources.
- Added better compatibility with Mac computers in USB mass storage mode.
- Changed datum used in the SWEREF 99TM grid from GEO_NAD83 to GEO_NONE_GRS80.
- Changed datum used in the Estonian grid from GEO_NAD83 to GEO_NONE_GRS80.
- Fix potential shutdown when using TOPO West 1999 due to some map ids being duplicate.
- Corrected French translation for 'Log track points'.
- Improve track log recording for sensor products to continue recording sensor data even when GPS doesn't have a fix.
- Fix potential shutdown when propagating in a cul-de-sac across a map boundary.
- Add A905/D900 unlock code communication protocol.
- Improve the current margin when changing the backlight brightness.
- Improve the road network when try to generate it for large diameter speed cameras.
- Correct Swiss grid issue and postcode issue with CNE v.9 NT.
- Modify 'Lithium Ion' text to 'Lithium'.
- Fix WebUpdater issue of GPS firmware.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If your computer asks for a driver, please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website at www.garmin.com.
- Open the C:\Garmin folder (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
- You should see the name of your GPS device next to the 'USB Device' option on the Updater program window. Select the 'USB Device' option, then click on 'OK' on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.