Updates & Downloads
Training Center with ANT Agent software version 3.6.5 with ANT Agent 2.3.3
as of April 4, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 3.6.3 to 3.6.5:
- Fixed issue where Training Center would fail when attempting to sync user profile with certain devices.
- Fixed issue where Training Center could allow multiple copies of the application to be launched under certain circumstances when a Forerunner 305 was in the charging cradle causing a non-specific crash in the database code.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would fail when receiving data from certain devices that contained invalid calorie values.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would import duplicate copies of some courses.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would fail when importing certain workouts from an Edge 800.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would fail when reading courses off a device.
- Fixed issue to allow Training Center to more gracefully handle problem FIT files received from some devices where the activity was not properly reset before the device is powered down.
- Added optimization to improve performance when reading in large activity and course files.
Changes made from version 3.6.1 to 3.6.3:
- Fixed issue where Training Center would repeatedly prompt a user to sync the user profile when connecting to devices with an odometer.
- Fixed issue that caused Training Center to fail when a user attempted to write a workout with a 'repeat until' step duration to a TCX file.
- Added improved handling for problems on certain target machines caused by invalidly installed Windows Imaging Component software.
- Fixed issue causing Training Center to fail when trying to render the graph with certain user data on some screen resolution settings.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would fail trying to import activities from devices that generated trackpoints with invalid latitudes.
- Fixed issue preventing the notes from being updated in certain user input sequences.
- Fixed issue causing Training Center to sporadically fail when a user aborted a transfer from device.
- Fixed Training Center failure when a user performed certain drag/drop sequences.
- Fixed issue that caused Training Center to fail when trying to import certain types of corrupted legacy database files.
- Fixed issue where Training Center would display invalid calorie totals for certain user data sets.
- Fixed Training Center issue that caused an invalid migration of legacy user accounts with specific overlapping Speed Zone configurations. This migration problem led to a repeated crash in the application at start-up after the account migration.
- Fixed issue that prevented Training Center from preserving the change of the Speed Zone display type in the User Profile from Pace to Speed.
- Fixed Training Center failure attempting to render the graph for certain invalid user activity data.
- Fixed Training Center issue that caused a failure trying to display the comparison dialog for certain types of data items.
- Fixed multiple issues that led to unexpected duplication of certain types of Courses and/or Workouts when doing a transfer with the device.
- Fixed issue with importing multisport FIT activity files.
- Fixed issue with Training Center failing to properly handling the importation of certain corrupted legacy Training Center profile binary database files. This too resulted in a repeated crash at application start.
- Fixed workout scheduling issue that prevented 'today's workout' from being transferred to a device in certain time zones.
- Added improvements to application to lower occurrences of problems caused when multiple application elements tried to simultaneously access the database.
- Modified software update mechanism to prevent likelihood of crash caused by repeated calls to the software update process while the application was already waiting for a user's response in the interface.
- Fixed issue where the application would sometimes generate a Windows crash immediately after processing a Garmin error report.
- Fixed several minor failures caused by specific update sequences to the user interface following a change to the database.
Changes made from version 3.5.3 to 3.6.1:
- Updated Garmin Training Center(r) to use a more reliable open-source embedded database.
- Provided robust mechanism for migrating legacy Training Center user accounts from both valid and corrupted bin files.
- Re-engineered application to perform better with larger user data sets.
- Allowed users to customize the first day of the week used in Training Center.
- Added support for Power targets and durations in user workout steps.
- Added ability to create workouts with repeat steps containing 'repeat until' targets.
- Added Power related elements and bikes to the user profile.
- Provided ability to sync user profile with FIT mass storage devices.
- Users can now import FIT files directly using the File->Import interface.
- Added ability to change the sport of activities and workouts from the user interface.
- Replaced the rigid folder structure of the previous Training Center with a more user customizable design.
- Training Center now has the auto-error reporting feature.
- Provided more graceful handling for certain bad FIT files created by devices.
- Fixed issue where workout schedule date was incorrect in certain time zones.
- Added ability to import TCX workouts with Power targets having %FTP > 100%.
Changes made from version 3.5.1 to 3.5.3:
- Added support for workouts on the Garmin Edge 500 cycling computer.
- Updated application to send speed zones to the Edge 500.
- Fixed an issue where Garmin Training Center would crash when transferring certain user data sets to older Garmin fitness devices.
- Fixed issue where the application could crash when displaying elevation graphs with erroneous data values.
- Fixed issue with Training Center not properly exporting power targets if the steps containing these target values were found within a repeat step.
- Fixed issue with compatibility on Spanish localized Windows 7 computers.
- Fixed issue with smoothed graphs not being displayed properly if there was a secondary graph displayed in the rightmost graph position.
- Fixed issue where the Workout Transfer dialog was not properly updating its interface when sending data to a mass storage fitness device.
- Fixed issue with the number of seconds not being properly displayed in some interface elements.
- Improved the robustness of importing courses with invalid trackpoint values.
- Fixed issue where workouts imported into Garmin Training Center with existing power targets were not being properly exported as TCX files with the same power targets.
- Added code to prevent failures when importing workouts with unsupported target and/or duration types in the steps.
- Corrected an issue with the exporting of metabolic zones to the Edge 500.
- Fixed issue where Training Center could fail when a user compared two courses and then subsequently clicked on one of the courses after closing the comparison dialog.
- Modified application to disable the 'Show Zones' button when displaying graphs for course items.
Changes made from version 2.2.5 to 2.2.7:
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent repeatedly failing to communicate with Forerunner 405CX devices running firmware version 2.0.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent repeatedly downloading course files from the Forerunner 310XT under certain conditions.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent repeatedly downloading Activities from the Forerunner 310XT or FR60 after a firmware update.
- Fixed issue with TCX history file names generated by ANT Agent.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent not inserting multisport transitions into multisport activities received from a Forerunner 310XT and sent to Garmin Training Center.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent not gracefully handling certain upload error conditions.
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.5:
- Localized into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), and Swedish.
- Fixed issue where cycling cadence that was received from a power meter source in Forerunner 310 activity files was not being handled correctly when creating TCX activity files.
- Fixed issue with updating firmware on Forerunner 405.
Changes made from version 2.1.7 to 2.2.1:
- Added support for FR60 and Forerunner 310XT devices.
- Fixed issue with handling invalid Garmin Connect upload authentication.
- Added ability to automatically find and download software updates.
Changes made from version 2.1.5 to 2.1.7:
- Added improvements and optimizations to Garmin Connect automatic upload capability.
- Modified pairing process to better handle the situation where we lose the connection to the Forerunner 405 after the user has affirmed pairing on the watch but before pairing is complete on the Garmin Ant Agent side.
- Changed behavior so that cadence data from the Forerunner 405 will be properly interpreted as run or bike cadence based on activity type.
- Changed handling of user activities so that activities received from the watch are kept in the device's History folder on the computer for 30 days from the day they are received before they are removed. This was done to decrease the likelihood of user data loss if the user failed to transfer their fitness data to an end user application after each workout.
- Fixed an issue where some data items were not being properly stored in the Garmin Training Center Database files generated by Garmin ANT Agent.
- Fixed issue where application would fail if 'Send my data to Garmin Training Center®' was selected, but Garmin Training Center was uninstalled.
Changes made from version 2.1.3 to 2.1.5:
- Localized application into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazilian), and Swedish.
- Modified application to correctly set the default values for the 'Device Settings' if the device connection is lost while waiting for user input after pairing with the Forerunner 405.
- Added access to localized help files.
- Modified device searching to help improve the ability to establish a connection in multi-device environments.
- Fixed issue where a failure would occur trying to send workouts to the Forerunner 405 if the user had workouts with power information.
- Fixed issue where a file required for communications with the device could get corrupted and cause problems in subsequent connections to that device.
- Fixed issue where we could see a speed spike at the end of an activity received from a Forerunner 50.
- Made modifications to decrease the likelihood of failure if the Windows task bar is restarted while the application is running.
Changes made from version 2.1.1 to 2.1.3:
- Fixed issue where user assigned device name was not being stored correctly in certain cases while pairing with a Forerunner 50.
- Fixed issue where device settings were not being properly stored in some situations when using the device settings dialog.
Changes made from version 2.0.3 to 2.1.1:
- Added capability to transfer fitness activities from the Forerunner 405.
- Added the ability to send user profile, workouts, courses, goals, and firmware updates to the Forerunner 405.
- Added the capability to remove a device paired with the Garmin ANT Agent from the computer.
- Added improved user interface for fitness activity transfers to Garmin Connect.
- Made improvements to the handling of devices that are lost during a connection session.
- Changed handling of auto-transfer and erase from device options to be on a per device basis.
Changes made from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.3:
- Fixed an issue where running cadence was put into the wrong field in TCX output.
- Fixed an issue where the creator device firmware version was incorrectly set in TCX output.
- Fixed an issue where some users received an error message when uploading data to Garmin Connect.
- Fixed issue where some users received an error message when Garmin ANT Agent was starting up after logging into their Windows account.
- Localized the application into Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese, and Swedish.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes occurred during a failed authentication with the Forerunner 50.
- Download the Garmin Training Center with ANT Agent installer into a directory on your hard drive. (e.g., C:\Garmin).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the installer, (e.g., C:\Garmin), and double-click on the executable file (.exe). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update your Garmin ANT Agent with Training Center installation.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later operating system.