Updates & Downloads
ANT Agent software version 2.3.4
as of February 27, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.3.3 to 2.3.4:
- Changes to support manufacturing
Changes made from version 2.3.2 to 2.3.3:
- Fixed issue where Garmin ANT Agent did not correctly minimize at program start.
- Fixed issue where Garmin ANT Agent could fail on certain hardware configurations when the program was auto-launched during Windows start.
- Fixed issue where Garmin ANT Agent would not successfully connect to a Forerunner 610 if the device was in low power mode.
- Decreased CPU usage when the application was running with no ANT USB stick connected to the computer.
- Made application more tolerant of certain irregularities in the registry.
- Made change to prevent application failure if Garmin ANT Agent is unable to rename the user's device.
- Added corrections to prevent invalid conversions from specific types of TCX data to the FIT equivalent.
- Put in checking to prevent a failure in certain computer power down situations.
Changes made from version 2.2.17 to 2.3.2:
- Added support for native FIT file transfers for supported devices.
- Improved progress reporting during transfers with FIT devices.
- Improved Garmin Connect authorization and upload process.
- Added auto-pairing for supported devices.
- Added automated error reporting in application.
- Added application usage collection technology.
Changes made from version 2.2.13 to 2.2.17:
- Fixed issue with pause time being incorrectly included in total lap time.
- Fixed issue where ANT Agent would fail to gracefully handle invalid FIT files that lacked activity messages.
- Fixed issue where ANT Agent could not handle Workouts in TCX files that have power percent FTP targets greater than 100%.
- Updated ANT Agent to use UTF-8 encoding for string transfers with FIT devices.
Changes made from version 2.2.11 to 2.2.13:
- Delete only activity files when automatic delete from device is configured for fit devices.
- Fixed issue where ANT Agent would fail when receiving a workout with power steps.
- Updated to handle erroneous FIT pause event more gracefully.
Changes made from version 2.2.9 to 2.2.11:
- Streamlined initial device pairing process.
- Added ability to rename a previously paired device.
Changes made from version 2.2.7 to 2.2.9:
- Fixed issue where ANT Agent would fail when running on a computer that was cycled into and out of low power mode.
- Updated application to compute distances in imported tracks where position information was provided, but not distances.
- Fixed issue where cadence was not being properly categorized as run or bike cadence in multisport activities.
- Fixed issue where ANT Agent was not properly transferring certain tracks to a Forerunner 310XT.
- Added optimization for improved speed in transferring data to a Forerunner 310XT and FR 60.
- Fixed issue where ANT Agent may fail if a track has trackpoints which are not in strictly increasing time order.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Spanish localized Windows 7.
- Fixed issue with Workouts containing power targets not being correctly sent to a Forerunner 310XT.
- Fixed issue with scroll bar on the pending transfers window not working.
Changes made from version 2.2.5 to 2.2.7:
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent repeatedly failing to communicate with Forerunner 405CX devices running firmware version 2.0.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent repeatedly downloading course files from the Forerunner 310XT under certain conditions.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent repeatedly downloading Activities from the Forerunner 310XT or FR60 after a firmware update.
- Fixed issue with TCX history file names generated by ANT Agent.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent not inserting multisport transitions into multisport activities received from a Forerunner 310XT and sent to Garmin Training Center.
- Fixed issue with ANT Agent not gracefully handling certain upload error conditions.
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.5:
- Localized into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), and Swedish.
- Fixed issue where cycling cadence that was received from a power meter source in Forerunner 310 activity files was not being handled correctly when creating TCX activity files.
- Fixed issue with updating firmware on Forerunner 405.
Changes made from version 2.1.7 to 2.2.1:
- Added support for FR60 and Forerunner 310XT devices.
- Fixed issue with handling invalid Garmin Connect upload authentication.
- Added ability to automatically find and download software updates.
Changes made from version 2.1.5 to 2.1.7:
- Added improvements and optimizations to Garmin Connect automatic upload capability.
- Modified pairing process to better handle the situation where we lose the connection to the Forerunner 405 after the user has affirmed pairing on the watch but before pairing is complete on the Garmin Ant Agent side.
- Changed behavior so that cadence data from the Forerunner 405 will be properly interpreted as run or bike cadence based on activity type.
- Changed handling of user activities so that activities received from the watch are kept in the device?s History folder on the computer for 30 days from the day they are received before they are removed. This was done to decrease the likelihood of user data loss if the user failed to transfer their fitness data to an end user application after each workout.
- Fixed an issue where some data items were not being properly stored in the Garmin Training Center Database files generated by Garmin ANT Agent.
- Fixed issue where application would fail if 'Send my data to Garmin Training Center®' was selected, but Garmin Training Center was uninstalled.
Changes made from version 2.1.3 to 2.1.5:
- Localized application into Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazilian), and Swedish.
- Modified application to correctly set the default values for the 'Device Settings' if the device connection is lost while waiting for user input after pairing with the Forerunner 405.
- Added access to localized help files.
- Modified device searching to help improve the ability to establish a connection in multi-device environments.
- Fixed issue where a failure would occur trying to send workouts to the Forerunner 405 if the user had workouts with power information.
- Fixed issue where a file required for communications with the device could get corrupted and cause problems in subsequent connections to that device.
- Fixed issue where we could see a speed spike at the end of an activity received from a Forerunner 50.
- Made modifications to decrease the likelihood of failure if the Windows task bar is restarted while the application is running.
Changes made from version 2.1.1 to 2.1.3:
- Fixed issue where user assigned device name was not being stored correctly in certain cases while pairing with a Forerunner 50.
- Fixed issue where device settings were not being properly stored in some situations when using the device settings dialog.
Changes made from version 2.0.3 to 2.1.1:
- Added capability to transfer fitness activities from the Forerunner 405.
- Added the ability to send user profile, workouts, courses, goals, and firmware updates to the Forerunner 405.
- Added the capability to remove a device paired with the Garmin ANT Agent from the computer.
- Added improved user interface for fitness activity transfers to Garmin Connect.
- Made improvements to the handling of devices that are lost during a connection session.
- Changed handling of auto-transfer and erase from device options to be on a per device basis.
Changes made from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.3:
- Fixed an issue where running cadence was put into the wrong field in TCX output.
- Fixed an issue where the creator device firmware version was incorrectly set in TCX output.
- Fixed an issue where some users experienced an error when uploading data to Garmin Connect.
- Fixed an issue where some users experienced an error when Garmin ANT Agent was starting up after logging into their Windows account.
- Localized Garmin ANT Agent into Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian, Portuguese, and Swedish.
- Fixed a problem that could sometimes occur during a failed authentication with the Forerunner 50.
- Download the Garmin ANT Agent installer into a directory on your hard drive. (e.g., C:\Garmin).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the installer, (e.g., C:\Garmin), and double-click on the executable file (.exe). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation of the Garmin ANT Agent software.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later operating system.