Updates & Downloads
Communicator Plugin for Mac software version 4.1.0
as of October 23, 2013
View installation instructions
Changes made from version 4.0.4 to 4.1.0:
- Added support for Monterra
- Added capability to perform aviation updates without elevated privileges on OS X 10.8 and above
- Added better handling for file with no timestamps on devices
- Fixed an issue with Base64 decoding that caused last character in the stream to be ignored
Changes made from version 4.0.3 to 4.0.4:
- Fixed: Google Chrome failed to load the plugin
- Added: Workaround for failed aviation updates on Mountain Lion
Changes made from version 4.0.1 to 4.0.3:
- Fixed: GPX 1.0 transfer failure
- Fixed: Issues related to workout and profile transfer to Fit devices
- Fixed: Aviation transfer failures on 64 bit browser for updates greater than 2GB
- Fixed: GTU 10 software update failures
- Fixed: Detection issues on Leopard
Changes made from version 3.0.1 to 4.0.1:
- Added 64 bit browser support.
- Fixed workout and profile transfer issues with eNewLeaf.
- Fixed workout transfer issue with FIT devices like Forerunner 610.
Changes made from version 2.9.3 to 3.0.1:
- Added support for new devices
- Added support for detecting association between memory card and its host device
- Fixed issues related to detecting and updating GTU 10 devices
Changes made from version 2.9.2 to 2.9.3:
- Fixed a number of Workout transfer issues
- Fixed an issue that caused a device with invalid Garmin Device xml to show up a two separate devices on Mac
- Added support for FAT 16 formatted cards for aviation updates
Changes made from version 2.9.1 to 2.9.2:
- Made GetBinaryFile function available to non-Garmin websites.
- Switching to indeterminate progress if the calculated progress is greater than 100%.
Changes made from version 2.8.3 to 2.9.1:
- Added Mac support for updating Aviation databases on devices that support USB or SD cards.
- Added support for aviation devices like G3X/G300 and aera.
- Added support for AOPA aviation updates.
- Fixed a crash when receiving fitness history by skipping over corrupted data.
Changes made from version 2.8.2 to 2.8.3:
- Fixed a myDashboard-related issue.
Changes made from version 2.8.1 to 2.8.2:
- Added compatibility with 64-bit Safari 4.0 on Snow Leopard.
Changes made from version 2.7.3 to 2.8.1:
- Added support to send unlock codes to legacy USB devices.
- Added support for sending New Leaf fitness data to FR 60.
- Fixed an issue that caused a dialog to show up when New Leaf fitness data was send to a fitness device.
- Fixed a folder creation issue with newer devices like nuvi 12xx, 13xx and 14xx.
Changes made from version 2.7.1 to 2.7.3:
- Fixed a domain locking security bypass reported by Secunia.
- Fixed an issue with receiving workouts and courses from Edge 605/705
Changes made from version 2.7.1 to 2.7.2:
- Fixed a domain locking security bypass reported by Secunia.
Changes made from version 2.6.4 to 2.7.1:
- Added support to download and extract zip files to mass storage devices.
Changes made from version 2.6.3 to 2.6.4:
- Added support for Forerunner 50 and Forerunner 405.
- Fixed an issue with MultiSport activity transfer that caused crashes in Firefox.
Changes made from version 2.6.2 to 2.6.3:
- Better support for new models of the Nuvi Personal Navigation Devices, such as the xx5 series.
Changes made from version 2.6.1 to 2.6.2:
- Fixed problem where workouts with custom names or many steps are not read correctly from fitness devices.
- The Communicator no longer incorrectly alters waypoint category names on GPS receivers such as the Quest 2 or Street Pilot.
- Improved reporting of progress.
- Improved upload speed of fitness data.
Changes made from version 2.5.2 to 2.6.1:
- Supplemental maps can be installed on C330, GpsMap 60C and similar Garmin I/O Protocol devices from a Garmin web site.
- Geocaching data can be sent to a Colorado SD card. (Previously, the Geocaching data was lost if the card was selected as the destination device.)
- Web pages can read free space available on the selected SD card.
- Fitness activities are listed in order of date, most recent first.
- The reliability of unit software updates on the Nuvi 800 series has been improved.
- Fixed problem which occurs when using Safari on Chinese computers when sending data to eTrex, GPS Map60Csx and similar GPS receivers.
Changes made from version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206:
- Enable unit software update from Garmin's support and map unlock pages.
Changes made from version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168:
- Various improvements to support new devices.
Changes made from version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199:
- Support power for the Edge 705.
- Fixed issue which prevented bike cadence from being retrieved.
- Fixed issue which caused xml documents input to plug-in to be intermittently incorrectly parsed and reported as invalid.
- Fixed issue which caused some devices to not be detected until after first use.
- Correctly report an error if POI download is attempted with no SD card present on devices such as the 60csx.
Changes made from version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206:
- Allow the My Garmin unlock web page to transfer unlock codes for Mac MapInstall, to avoid the need to manually type or cut-and-paste unlock codes.
Changes made from version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168:
- Improved reliability and performance of USB Data Transfers on Leopard.
- Plug-in now resolves relative URLs for file transfers.
- Added support for file download onto SD Cards.
- Fixed incorrect disk full error when writing POIs to Zumo, Nuvi, and C500 series devices.
Changes made from version 22.214.171.124 Beta to 126.96.36.199:
- Added the capability to read and write courses, workouts and user profile to fitness devices such as the Edge 305 and Forerunner 305.
- Added the capability to plan trips by writing locations to SD cards without a GPS device present.
- Added the capability to allow a web site to read a directory of fitness activities or courses and then just retrieve details for individual activities.
- Added a property to allow web sites to retrieve fitness data in compressed format.
- Once a user has confirmed to the Garmin Communicator that they trust a particular web site directory, pages at or below that directory level are always trusted
- The Forerunner 50 is not yet supported on the Mac. (Support will be added in a future release when drivers become available.)
- RS232 serial devices are not supported on the Mac.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Communicator Plugin' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install the Communicator Plugin.