Updates & Downloads
Geko 301 software version 2.70
as of May 3, 2007
View installation instructions and system requirements
- Reverting to previous software revisions will clear all user data.
- Users are encouraged to save all data (routes, tracks, and waypoints) prior to updating.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Updated software to support manufacturing
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Corrected potential shutdown when navigating a route with points sufficiently close to one another.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added Greek translations and Greek font.
- Corrected compass display when navigating routes in areas
with significant declination.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed potential memory corruption problem that could occur when tracking more
than one WAAS satellite simultaneously.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Updated French Translations.
- Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select
the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the
unit's current position. A unit will not use a WAAS/EGNOS
satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a
given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Added area and distance statistics for saved tracks. To view the statistics,
select a saved track from the Track List Page, then select 'SHOW MAP' from
the pop-up list. Area units are configurable. To configure, highlight the
area units label, press OK, and select new units from the pop-up list.
- Corrected problem that could potentially cause a saved track to include track
segments not chosen or withhold track segments chosen during the track-saving process.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Open the C:\Garmin (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named "Updater" and double click on it.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open serial port. Turn the GPS on, place it in Simulator mode (refer to your owner's manual for instructions) and verify that the Interface Mode (found under the Main Menu page, refer to your owner's manual for instructions) is set to GARMIN, GRMN, GRMN/GRMN, or Data Transfer/Host mode.
- Click on the "OK" button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.