Updates & Downloads
WebUpdater for Mac software version 2.1.3
as of February 27, 2012
View installation instructions
- WebUpdater guides you through the process of updating the software in your GPS.
- WebUpdater finds the most appropriate update for your GPS from the Garmin web site and performs the update.
- WebUpdater for Mac is not compatible with Palm, Pocket PC, serial, fixed-mount marine, chartplotters, fishfinders and some discontinued devices.
- WebUpdater for Mac will not update devices to use beta software.
- For some device updates, this software will clear user memory, including 'Recent Finds' and 'Favorites.' Please back up important data such as routes, tracks, and waypoints prior to updating.
- Possible fixes for common issues:
Update hangs during 'Erasing' phase
This issue may be solved by directly plugging your device into your Mac instead of a USB Hub.
- System Requirements:
Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later Mac
OS 10.5 or later
256 MB RAM
Changes made from version 2.1.2 to 2.1.3:
- Fixed GTU 10 device software update issue.
- Fixed a rare start up crash.
Changes made from version 2.0.6 to 2.1.2:
- Added ability to update devices with invalid GarminDevice.xml.
- Added crash reporting.
- Fixed issue with download progress always showing 100 percent.
Changes made from version 2.0.5 to 2.0.6:
- Fixes issues with detecting certain Zumo models
Changes made from version 2.0.4 to 2.0.5:
- Updated to work with OS 10.5.6
Changes made from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.4:
- Fixed an issue that caused software update to fail for nuvi 8xx and nuvi 5000.
- Fixed an issue that caused downloads to fail over a slow connection.
Changes made from version 2.0.1 to 2.0.2:
- Fixed an issue that caused software update to fail for certain nuvi and StreetPilot devices on PowerPC Macs.
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Garmin WebUpdater' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin WebUpdater.