Updates & Downloads
POI Loader for Mac software version 2.2.2
as of September 12, 2012
View installation instructions
- POI Loader allows you to load custom points of interest into your unit. The input files can be downloaded from the internet or you can create your own. With POI Loader, you can configure the unit to alert you when you are within a certain distance of a point or if you are driving over a certain speed near a point; perfect to warn you about upcoming schools zones, red lights and speed cameras. The unit will also allow you to search for and navigate to the loaded points of interest.
- System Requirements:
Intel based Mac running OS 10.5.8 or higher.
Tiger and PowerPC users should use POI Loader 2.1.0 available here.
Changes made from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.2:
- Fixed issue where factory loaded POIs were being deleted from device.
Changes made from version 2.2.0 to 2.2.1:
- Fixed readability issue with Classic Mac (CR) files.
- Fixed issue where closing application from destination selection page could cause crash.
- Fixed issue where user selecting cancel button on 'Select the folder to save the GPI file to' would bring user to wrong page.
- Fixed issue where user selecting empty source directory and manual install mode could cause crash.
- Added ability to recognize escaped quotes in csv files.
- Added ability to ignore white spaces around field separating commas.
- Added ability to allow quotes around latitude and longitude fields.
Changes made from version 2.1.0 to 2.2.0:
- Fixed issue where associating bitmap with gpx file could cause crash.
- Fixed issue where links embedded in gpx files where not being processed.
- Fixed issue where 'Remove All POIs' only removed the poi.gpi file.
- Added progress bar for creation and transfer of gpi file.
- Added ability to select a single file as a source for POIs.
- Added ability to specify the name of the newly created gpi file.
Changes made from version 2.0.1 to 2.1.0:
- Fixed sending of linked data in GPX files
- Added manual mode
- Added option to remove all POIs from a device
- Added support for 16-bit mono encoded WAV files
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Double-click the file to open it.
- A new Finder window will open. Locate and double-click on the 'Install Garmin POI Loader' icon.
- Follow the installer program's prompts to install Garmin POI Loader.