Updates & Downloads
eTrex Legend HCx/Vista HCx software version 3.20
as of December 3, 2009
View system requirements
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fix shutdown issue when press menu key at first power on with 100% backlight setting.
- Fix minutes to hours roll over issue.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fix potential lock up when SD card installed.
- Fix the contour data intermittently drawing over interstates of Topo Map.
- Improve the blue shading color when using the setting 'Marine colors' in Daytime display mode.
- Correct the brightness can't move over 50% in eTrex Vista HCx.
- Correct upside down direction of vertical speed.
- Fix incorrect highlight index at unit field in 'Area Calculation' page after select reset in menu.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.00:
- Correct time scale of altimeter chart (Vista only).
- Add support for maps greater than 2 GB.
- Modify track log function for steady barometer output at power on ( Vista only ).
- Correct wrong indication of 'Vertical speed' and 'Glide ratio' ( Legend only).
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fix 'Highway Page' shutdown issue with menu key operation.
- Correct power-on failure issue.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Improve distance calculation in odometer.
- Fix system freeze issue.
- Fix shutdown issue when browse detail map.
- Correct user grid.
- Disable route calculation icon when GPS is off.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Correct German translation of 'delete all waypoints'.
- Fix data card unlock failure when 2 cards of the same map set are used in one device.
- Improve sun times for polar regions.
- Fix issue where ETA in non motor vehicle modes can be unreasonably short.
- Increase precision of distance measurement to the cursor on the map page.
- Allow backlight adjustment on the track back point selection page.
- Fix shutdown when editing Estonian Grid coordinates.
- Correct daylight saving time for New Zealand.
- Improve selection of the names of cross roads with NT maps.
- Correct potential shutdown when viewing a vertical profile.
- Correct European word translation of 'Find' and 'Mark'.
- Support multiple languages in American version.
- Fix screen fading issue in cold temperature.
- Correct total ascent calculation.
- Correct direction symbol of vertical speed.
- Fix reboot issue of GPS firmware update.
- Correct battery issue of lithium battery.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Removed the turn backlight on action when unit is initially powered on.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fix compass hint message issue when compass turn off (Vista HCx only).
- Changed odometer calculation to more closely match track log distance.
- Change number of lines of text in the address field on map feature review page from 4 to 6.
- Limit number of custom POI bitmaps to 64 to ensure enough memory resources.
- Added better compatibility with Mac computers in USB mass storage mode.
- Improved pedestrian route calculation for shortest distance method.
- Changed datum used in the SWEREF 99TM grid from GEO_NAD83 to GEO_NONE_GRS80.
- Changed datum used in the Estonian grid from GEO_NAD83 to GEO_NONE_GRS80.
- Fix potential shutdown when using TOPO West 1999.
- Fix potential shutdown on track setup for data card when track log files have long file names.
- Corrected French translation for 'Log track points'
- Improve track log recording for sensor products to continue recording sensor data even when GPS doesn't have a fix.
- Fix potential shutdown when propagating in a cul-de-sac across a map boundary.
- Add A905/D900 unlock code communication protocol.
- Make route recalculation on MPC maps behave like City Navigator maps.
- Fix second power on issue.
- Fix WebUpdater issue of GPS firmware .
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed Swiss grid issue.
- Fixed postcode issue with CNE v.9 NT.
- Added hint message when the E-compass of the unit has never been calibrated successfully by user,(Vista HCx only).
- Change 'Lithium Ion' text to 'Lithium'.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.