Updates & Downloads
GPS 92 software version 2.07
as of July 15, 2002
View installation instructions and system requirements
- If this software is uploaded to a GPS unit other than the product for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that unit. If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the unit to Garmin for service.
- Be sure that you have a record of your user data (waypoints, routes, tracks, data field settings) as this process may erase this data and re-initialize your GPS unit. Once your user data is deleted it cannot be recovered from the unit and Garmin is not responsible for lost user data.
Changes made from version 2.06 to 2.07:
- Changed to handle an increased number of intersections.
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the 'My Documents' folder or to 'C:\'.
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to 'Un-zip' the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled 'Un-zip'.
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the 'Close' button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Open the C:\Garmin (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a Garmin PC Interface cable to an open serial port. Turn the GPS on, place it in Simulator mode (refer to your owner's manual for instructions) and verify that the Interface Mode (found under the Main Menu page, refer to your owner's manual for instructions) is set to Garmin, GRMN, GRMN/GRMN, or Data Transfer/Host mode.
- Click on the 'OK' button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #8 and attempt the download again. Garmin is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.