Updates & Downloads
GPS II Plus software version 3.03
as of March 24, 1999
View installation instructions and system requirements
- If this software is uploaded to a GPS unit other than the product for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that unit. If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the unit to Garmin for service.
- Note: This software is only compatible with the following previous versions: 3.00-3.02
Changes made from version 3.02 to 3.03:
- Added Loran TD position format.
- Added New Zealand grid.
- Added support for multiple waypoint message processing.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting zip file for your GPS unit into a directory on your hard drive. (i.e., c:\garmin).
- Unzip the files into this directory by running the downloaded executable file (.exe).
- Connect your GPS unit to a free serial port (Com 1, 2, 3, or 4) on your PC with a PC Interface cable.
- Turn on your GPS unit and ensure the Interface setup is set to 'GRMN/GRMN HOST,' 'Garmin,' or 'DATA TRANSFER SLAVE' mode, depending on the specific Garmin model.
- From the DOS prompt, change directory (CD) to the directory in which you unzipped the files, (i.e., c:\garmin), and run the update program: updatesw.exe.
The upload process should take approximately 3-10 minutes to complete. When the upload process is complete, the unit will reset itself and turn on normally.
- IBM-compatible PC (386 or higher microprocessor running DOS, Windows 3.1x, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0) with an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.