Updates & Downloads
WebUpdater Legacy (Windows XP SP2 and older) software version 2.4.0
as of December 20, 2006
View installation instructions and system requirements
- System requirements are a PC running Windows 98, Me, NT or 2000 operating system.
- WebUpdater guides you through the process of updating the software in your GPS.
- WebUpdater finds the most appropriate update for your GPS from the Garmin web site and performs the update.
- WebUpdater is not compatible with Palm and Pocket PC devices, fixed-mount marine units, chartplotters, fishfinders and some discontinued units. For these products, please see our additional software page.
- WebUpdater does not perform Beta updates.
- For some unit updates, this software will clear user memory, including 'Recent Finds' and 'Favorites.' Please back up important data such as routes, tracks, and waypoints to MapSource prior to updating.
- If using Windows XP or later, please download the newest version of WebUpdater here.
Changes made from version 2.3.3 to 2.4.0:
- Added ability to display notes. For example, warning messages about loss of user data will now be shown within the wizard.
- The check for WebUpdater's own updates has been moved to the first page, so users don't have to select a device before checking for this update.
- Added ability to display change history for updates.
- Added data integrity checks to ensure that the update file has not been corrupted during the transfer from the Garmin website.
- Fixed error with handling case where the device has no voices installed and there were no voice updates available.
- Handle case where the web browser could not be opened when a user clicks on the additional information link.
- Improved handling of cases where user has multiple devices connected during the update.
- Fixed issue where buttons would get cut-off when the Windows Taskbar was at the top of the screen.
Changes made from version 2.3.2 to 2.3.3:
- Change to improve communication with devices which have incomplete firmware.
- Change to improve communication with mass storage devices.
Changes made from version 2.3.1 to 2.3.2:
- Changes to improve performance.
Changes made from version 2.3.0 to 2.3.1:
- Fixed issue where some serial devices were not getting updated.
Changes made from version 2.2.0 to 2.3.0:
- Added support for performing voice and other updates in newer units like the SP 2720, SP 7000 etc.
- Added support for updating Garmin USB Mass Storage devices.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file and double-click on it.
- Once the installation is complete, you may delete the downloaded file.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows 98, Me or NT operating system.