Updates & Downloads
MapInstall software version 4.0.3
as of October 23, 2012
View installation instructions
- WARNING: This software will not work unless you already own a MapSource product.
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required.
- .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft).
Changes made from version 4.0.1 to 4.0.3:
- Improved performance for map trimming and map building.
- Improved performance when switching between pages.
- Added functionality that allows using the middle mouse button to pan the map.
- Fixed progress feedback at the end of trimming (MapInstall should not remain at 100% for a long time without actually being at 100%).
- Fixed an issue when hovering over map tiles would make MapInstall crash in some cases.
- Fixed an issue when trying to select more than 4GB worth of tiles.
- Fixed an issue with the display of maps when there was a partial map images installed on the device.
- Fixed handling of faulty map products.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Find Devices button several times would hang the app.
Changes made from version 4.0.0 to 4.0.1:
- Fixed an issue where MapInstall was writing maps to the wrong location on memory cards.
- Fixed an issue where MapInstall would display some maps twice.
- Fixed an issue detecting devices with attached memory cards correctly.
- Fixed an issue where MapInstall would not detect some pre-programmed maps correctly.
- Fixed an issue where map deletion was reported as a failure.
- Added various stability improvements.
Changes made from version 3.15.0 to 4.0.0:
- Added ability to automatically send all current map products to newer devices if possible.
- Added ability to send full map products to newer devices rather than needing to select individual map tiles.
- Added display of how many map tiles are selected.
- Changed the map selection page to no longer list map products that are locked for the selected device.
Changes made from version 3.14.4 to 3.15.0:
- Improved MapInstall software update procedure.
- Fixed an issue with MapInstall not correctly detecting another instance of itself.
- Fixed an issue when MapInstall encountered bad files in some map installations.
- Fixed an issue with writing map images to Garmin mode USB devices.
- Added support for new Garmin devices.
Changes made from version 3.14.2 to 3.14.4:
- Added support for Unicode maps.
- Added support for Thai language.
- Fixed some map display issues.
- Fixed an issue with map selection.
- Fixed an issue with the splash screen.
- Fixed an issue with the updating process.
- Fixed an issue with receiving maps for products not currently installed on the PC.
- Fixed some issues with the Japanese localization.
- Fixed some issues with maps sent to devices.
- Made MapInstall more robust when encountering invalid map products.
Changes made from version 3.13.5 to 3.14.2:
- Added option to automatically select maps when launched from BaseCamp.
- Added functionality to retrieve installed maps on device and select them in MapInstall.
- Added ability to send error reports directly to Garmin after a crash.
- Improved memory issues when running on Windows 7.
- Improved map projection for many map products.
- Changed mouse-wheel functionality to zoom in and out.
Changes made from version 3.13.2 to 3.13.5:
- Added support for enhanced map security.
- Fixed unlocking issue.
- Improved trimming performance for some Asian map products.
Changes made from version 3.12.1 to 3.13.2:
- Fixed issue where maps could not be transferred on certain non-English Windows installations.
- Fixed issue displaying the About dialog on non-English Windows installations.
- Added integration with other desktop applications (such as BaseCamp and HomePort), including user data display and automatic map selection.
Changes made from version 3.11.6 to 3.12.1:
- Updated map rendering to provide visual improvements.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
Changes made from version 3.11.5 to 3.11.6:
- Fixed various minor issues.
Changes made from version 3.11.4 to 3.11.5:
- Fixed recognition of SD cards initialized in a marine unit.
Changes made from version 3.11.1 to 3.11.4:
- Fixed various Asian language localization issues.
- Fixed an issue with viewing maps around the antimeridian.
- Fixed an issue with displaying the product name of some map products.
Changes made from version 3.10.3 to 3.11.1:
- Added support for transferring user data to Symbian Garmin Mobile XT devices.
- Fixed an issue with rendering maps in a locked map product that contains terrain shading data.
Changes made from version 3.10.2 to 3.10.3:
- Fixed an issue detecting some Garmin mass storage devices.
- Fixed an issue at application startup when the expected code pages are not installed on the PC.
Changes made from version 3.10.1 to 3.10.2:
- Fixed an issue with the size estimate of selected map sets.
Changes made from version 3.9.5 to 3.10.1:
- Fixed an issue when selecting map sets larger than 4 GB in size.
- Fixed some line rendering issues on Blue Chart map products.
- Fixed an issue with the About Dialog not having buttons when certain Windows display settings are used.
Changes made from version 3.9.5 to 3.9.5:
- Download the MapInstall update file into a directory on your hard drive. (i.e., c:\garmin).
- Change to the directory in which you downloaded the files, (i.e., c:\garmin), and run the executable file (.exe). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the MapInstall installation.