Updates & Downloads
Navtalk GSM software version 2.60
as of August 6, 2003
Voice Language Packages
Your NavTalk GSM has memory space for two internal voice languages.
The following will overwrite each other in the first space:
The following will overwrite each other in the second space:
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Added Emergency Redial feature.
- Added capability to request repeating location reports via SMS.
- Modified Friendly Number feature to eliminate unnecessary messages.
- Modified # key to repeat driving instructions on the Map page.
- Modified Emergency key to deactivate Keyguard.
- Modified appointment reminders to disable the display timeout.
- Modified 'Clear Track Log' operation to delete active tracks and saved tracks.
- Fixed backlight to keep timeout setting when switching between Always On / Timeout / Always Off.
- Updated strings with latest translations.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Added Friendly Numbers List - Send position status reports with no user intervention when the requesting number is on the Friendly Numbers list.
- Added Friendly Code - Controls access to Friendly List, default is '0000'.
- Reduced occurrence of lock-ups on phone insertion into the handsfree cradle.
- Fix to show all contour lines on Topographic maps.
- Added Spanish language.
- WAP fixes for shutdowns on input fields and null strings.
- Fix for sending SMS from drafts folder.
- Fix for small 'a' with umlaut.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed WAP Security Certificate operation.
- Fixed synchronization problem with recurring calendar appointments.
- Fixed all problems found during Conformance Testing.
- Improved emergency dialing feature - pressing the 9 key for 3 seconds causes an 'emergency SMS' to be sent without any further user action.
- Added remaining translations for German, Italian, French, Danish, Swedish,
- Added GPS Warning page.
- Removed unused WAP settings.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Correct appointment operation with recurrences applied.
- Correct notification of real time clock failure after extended storage with no battery.
- Minor WAP changes.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your device inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the device and then turn it back on - the unit may not display anything at this point. Go to step #5 and attempt the download again. Garmin is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the device and factory resetting the device unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear prompting you to select the 'Setup' button to install the new device software. Pressing this button will automatically run the 'Updater' program which is used to load software into the unit.
- Connect your device to your computer using a Garmin PC Interface cable to an open serial port. Turn the device on and verify that the Serial Data Format found under the Settings->System->Interface page is set to GARMIN (refer to owner's manual for instructions).
- Click on the 'OK' button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.