Updates & Downloads
Rino 110 software version 3.90
as of July 5, 2006
View installation instructions and system requirements
- WARNING: If you are updating from a version less than 2.10, this software update will clear user memory. Please back up important data to MapSource.
- Note: This software is only compatible with the following previous versions: 2.00 - 3.80
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Correctly displays position field while it is being edited.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Adds 9600 baud and faster update rate options to NMEA in/out mode.
- Updates WAAS/EGNOS satellite search and selection process.
- Correctly remembers serial interface settings between power cycles.
- Applies map datum only to the Location (selected) field and not to the Location (lat/lon) field.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Fixed problem where tones 7-10 were incomplete.
- Fixed problem where zooming could cancel measuring distance.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Allow position sending on GMRS channels.
- Enabled GMRS on Canadian Rinos.
- Fixed bug where turning GMRS off and then back on would not update Radio page.
- Fixed potential problem with ring tones being used with position sending.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Updated to support transfer of proximity waypoints with MapSource.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Fixed problem that caused MGRS coordinates to occasionally display improperly in 'Big Number' mode.
- Added support for RCV_CPO data.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Fixed potential memory corruption problem that could occur when tracking more than one WAAS satellite simultaneously.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. Units will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.
- Fixed problem with incorrect waypoint date being displayed.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Minor display adjustments on Radio Setup and Tone Setup.
- Fixed problem with potential lockup occurring in GMRS mode in version 3.00.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 3.00:
- Increased the time between position sending from 10 to 30 seconds to comply with the latest FCC ruling.
- Added polling feature to request a position from another Rino by pressing the CALL button with the contact highlighted on the Map page or through the menu option on the Contact page.
- Added setup item to the Radio Setup page to disable poll response.
- Moved Tone Setups to a separate page off of the Radio page menu.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed potential problem with invalid codes being set after scanning current codes is complete.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Key-lock now allows use of CALL key.
- Fixed problem with invalid CODE being set for Channel 22.
- Always restore previously used CODE after scanning is done.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Allow user to disable power-on, power-off, and volume beeps by turning message beeps off.
- Allow user to adjust microphone sensitivity for internal and headset microphones. Microphone adjustments may be found by going to the Radio Setup page, selecting the Menu, and selecting Set Sensitivity.
- Improved audio in headset when transmitting with VOX.
Changes made from version 2.04 to 2.10:
- Fixed problem with navigation fields and compass pointer sometimes going blank during navigation.
- WARNING: This software update will clear user memory. Please backup important data to Mapsource.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Open the C:\Garmin (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named "Updater" and double click on it.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open serial port. Turn the GPS on, place it in Simulator mode (refer to your owner's manual for instructions) and verify that the Interface Mode (found under the Main Menu page, refer to your owner's manual for instructions) is set to GARMIN, GRMN, GRMN/GRMN, or Data Transfer/Host mode.
- Click on the "OK" button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.