Updates & Downloads
nuvi 660 software version 4.90
as of March 18, 2010
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 4.80 to 4.90:
- Fixed an issue where traffic would not draw correctly on the map.
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:
- Updates to text and translations.
- Fixed issue where custom POI was not displaying full detail when paired with a phone.
- Fixed an issue with MP3s resuming after a proximity alert.
- Fixed a Safety Camera issue that could cause the unit to not respond properly.
- Fixed issue where zoom scale was missing from the bottom of the View Map screen while in 2d modes.
- Fixed issue with ignoring turn restrictions and ramps.
- Fix a problem with speech sounding garbled under certain conditions.
- Improved performance of BNG coordinates.
- Fixed issue where traffic lines were drawing on top of roads.
- Fixed issue with missing detailed maps when Custom POI's were loaded.
- Corrected handling of Eniwetok time zone.
- Improved keyboard backspace function on Coordinates Edit page.
- Fixed some issues with searching for cities in various languages.
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:
- Added support for one traffic provider.
- Improved Points of Interest searching.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:
- Fixed issue where some movie theatres were not being displayed through MSN.
- Fixed issue with system restore on non-Bluetooth units.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Improve handling of the situation where overlapping map data is present on the device.
- Fixed issue where Fleet Management Interface messages can get stuck in the outbox.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Corrected issue with Retail Map Update compatibility.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Added support for MSN Canada.
- Addressed an issue of missing MSN Direct movie times.
- Addressed an issue in GPS Buddy where an out going message can be stuck in the message queue and never get sent.
- Addressed an issue with Cyclops speed camera cache.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Improved the map drawing speed.
- Corrected issue with proximity points in areas with many roads causing the map to draw slower.
- Corrected issue where all traffic delays were represented as 1 minute.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 4.10:
- Add support for Mexican and African time zones.
- Fixed bug where selecting Travel Guide from the Where to? menu would result in No Matches Found.
- Fixed issue where some coordinates would not be properly displayed on the coordinate entry page.
- Updated currency converter exchange rates.
- Fixed bug where having too many custom POI symbols could cause the unit to reboot.
- Added support for Canadian traffic information.
- Fixed bug that occasionally causes map road labels to not match physical street signs.
- Added support for 11 new pre-recorded voices.
- Fixed bug with ejecting from a Mac computer.
- Fixed bug where some Audible books would cause the unit to reset.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:
- Enhanced Touch Screen sensitivity.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
- Corrected problem with displaying TourGuide titles.
- Corrected problem with losing final destination points if a route is too long.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Corrected French traffic translations.
- Add Lithuanian text language.
- Fixed TourGuide text.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.50:
- Updated Daylight Saving Time dates.
- Able to read a new SMS before sync is complete.
- Changed subcategories in find menu.
- Removed severe weather alert.
- Added Brazil Portuguese voice.
- Added Bulgarian voice.
- Added Lithuanian voice.
- Added Romanian voice.
- Added Serbian voice.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 3.20:
- New Traffic Interface.
- Fixed Memory Full message.
- Removed + when dialing POI's in the United States.
- High power FM support for Australia.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed address searches in some EU cities.
- Hide scroll buttons during slide show.
- Add Brazil and Mexico to locale list.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Added SMS/Text Messaging support.
- Improved shutdown sequence when disconnecting the nuvi from the computer.
- Show ferry lines on the map.
- Fixed problem with some help files not showing up.
- Improved support for USB mass storage on Macs.
- Centered battery gauge on screen locked page.
- Fixed lock-up selecting traffic provider.
- Added '-' to edit phone number keyboard.
- Fixed browse map to display correct colors in night mode.
- Added 4 GB SD card support.
- Fixed possible file corruption.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.40:
- Select Language Page string corruption.
- FM Frequency page not in sync with Quick settings page.
- GPS starting location not being saved properly.
- Memory leak in Bluetooth setup page.
- Changed Saftey Camera tone rate.
- Traffic receiver missing message error.
- Increased Backlight at power on.
- Increased touch size for Traffic icon on map page.
- Improved large phonebook sync.
- MP3 playlist support (m3u).
- Added Estonian and Romanian text languages.
- Added Greek, Croatian, and Slovenian voices.
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file for your nüvi onto your hard drive.
- Connect your nüvi to a free USB port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.
- Allow your nüvi to initialize and enter USB mode.
- Unzip the files in the archive by running the downloaded executable file.
- Follow the instructions provided by the launched update application on your computer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.