Updates & Downloads
GVN52 software version 2.60
as of June 21, 2011
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Improved compatibility with Australian maps.
- Added support for files larger than 2GB.
- Corrected handling of corrupt weather data.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Corrected some missing address search results in Europe.
- Corrected a route simulator error.
- Added support for Canadian traffic.
- Improved extended postal code search results for the UK.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Improved composite video quality.
- Improved Italian text translations.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:
- Added support for custom map features in Eastern European and other specialty maps.
- Enabled Western European characters when searching favorite categories.
- Some addresses could not be found in European City Navigator v9.
- Increased priority of Eastern European and other specialty map regions above City Navigator maps.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Improved better route available feature.
- Corrected some British English translations.
- Fixed issue resulting in no highlight on certain pages.
- Add custom map data field for time and distance to next destination.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on the SD data card (must be at least 16mb space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Make certain GVN52 Navigation System is off.
- Insert SD card into GVN52 Navigation System. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it.
- Turn on GVN52 Navigation system.
- Your GVN52 Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- Remove SD card.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or later operating system and an available SD card reader.