Updates & Downloads
nuvi 300/350 (region file only) software version 6.20
as of December 18, 2009
View system requirements
- WARNING: If updating from a version of software before 3.30, this new software will clear user memory.
- WARNING: If this software is uploaded to a device other than that for which it is designed, you will not be able to operate that device.
- If attempts to upload software fail, you may need to return the device to Garmin® for service.
Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.20:
- Fixed problem where certain voices could sound garbled.
- Fixed issue that could occur working with Safety Cameras.
- Fixed display of BNG coordinates.
- Corrected Eniwetok time zone.
- Corrected Spanish punctuation marks.
- Fixed issue where turn alert beeps were not sounding.
- Fixed issue where road names were not showing for Athens map.
- Added Flemish voice support.
- Fixed issue with adding traffic subscriptions for Italian and French.
- Fixed issue that could occur with address searches.
Changes made from version 6.00 to 6.10:
- Added Altech Netstar South African traffic support.
Changes made from version 5.60 to 6.00:
- Improved non-volatile memory reliability.
- Enhanced compatibility with PC Applications.
- Compatibility with future maps.
Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.60:
- Fixed issue where fleet management interface messages can get stuck in the outbox.
- Improve handling of the situation where overlapping map data is present on the device.
Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.50:
- Corrected issue with Retail Map Update compatibility.
Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.40:
- Updated display settings.
Changes made from version 5.20 to 5.30:
Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:
- Resolved Attention Tone issue.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:
- Updated the location of the Garmin waypoints.
- Added advance reservation notification at lodging establishments to receive discounts with Savers Guide.
- Added support for African timezones.
- Added traffic support for Australia.
- Resolved issue with map update reminder.
- Fixed issue where some audible books would cause the unit to reset.
- Updated currency converter exchange rates.
- Corrected backlight setting north of Arctic Circle.
- Added support for the following new voices: Afrikaans, Catalans, and Luxembourgish.
- Fixed coordinate position issue.
- Fixed max volume issue.
- Corrected issue with mass storage mode on Mac Computers.
- Corrected issue where WebUpdater may not find device.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 4.90:
- Corrected issue where WebUpdater may not find device.
Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.90:
Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:
- Corrected issue with some locale labels.
- Corrected issues causing the unit to reset or shutdown when doing some city searches.
- Corrected issue that prevents proper startup when custom POI files contain a large number of bitmaps.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Updated Lithuanian text language.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Daylight saving changes for United States.
- Fixed possible route calculation error in routes involving Cul De Sacs.
- Added support for Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Romanian, and Serbian pre-recorded voices.
- Fixed trip computer distance display to allow more than 3 digits.
- Changed initial locale setup to be consistent with other portable products.
- Fixed Mexican locale information.
- Fixed problem with naming when saving a coordinate without a name.
- Fixed Fodor's data 'All Categories' search.
- Fixed text which could alternate between two safety camera texts when within both safety camera zones.
- Improved operation when only one or no custom vehicles are loaded.
- Changed to avoid unpaved roads by default.
- Fixed problem ejecting on Mac computers.
- Updated some Swedish and French translations.
- Fixed display of traffic event distances which were sometimes missing.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Added fix for European City Navigator NT v9 address search.
- Fixed problem where a speed of zero could be reported when entering tunnels.
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Improved Safety camera alert tone.
- Added fixes for MPC maps.
- Added support for Russian, Turkish, Slovak, and Estonian pre-recorded voices.
- Fixed some Swedish, French, German, and Dutch text translation issues.
- Fixed up/down arrows on JPEG review page.
- Fixed next turn announcement while still acquiring satellites.
- Increased speed of software update procedure.
- Updated localization info with Mexico, Brazil and German/Czech map.
- Fixed to be able to find land and marine MDB points.
- Improved address search: remembering country name across languages.
- Fixed to always display map copyright information on power on.
- Changed to write map and speed camera information to XML product information file.
- Fixed problems with driving on left and double U-turns.
- Improved Map Vehicle load time.
- Fixed display of Ferry lines.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.10:
- Improved handling of recovery from loss of a fix when leaving a tunnel.
- Fixed problem that could result in failed firmware updates of GPS and Traffic.
- Made changes to better handle disconnects from the PC while in USB mass storage.
- Fix temporary display corruption when performing software updates.
- Change to correctly display coordinates on review pages.
- Changed the reminder rate for speed alerts to 5 seconds from 1 second.
- Improved install process for Travel Guide.
- Corrected problems handling zoom levels at intersections.
- Improved translations.
- Preserve daytime backlight settings when connecting to external power.
- Added support for importing M3U playlists. Place M3U playlist in the same directory as your music. From the MP3 player, touch Browse -> Import Playlist. Touch the playlist you want to import, and the songs are loaded in that order.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Fixed potential routing problems in areas with overlapping maps.
- Improved calculation of long routes and avoiding highways.
- Fixed turn review map page to refresh when the turn is reached.
- Fixed traffic list and detour button interaction.
- Fixed off-road route line.
- Improved vehicle load times on vehicle page.
- Added Turkish text language.
- Updated text language translations.
- Improved coordinate entry find method.
- Added verification step to Garmin Lock Pin entry.
- Fixed possible shutdown when pressing Stop while speaking first navigation instruction.
- Fixed shutdown when saving waypoint with very long name.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.