Updates & Downloads
StreetPilot 2820 software version 4.40
as of November 29, 2007
View installation instructions and system requirements
- If after updating your system software your GPS displays 'Incompatible Audio Version', please update your voice software using this link.
- Reverting to previous software revisions will clear all user data.
Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
- Corrected issue that caused some Format 4 Audible books to not play
- Upgraded MP3 decoder
- Corrected issue that caused some units to not output audio
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.30:
- Corrected issue with dialing phone numbers with some phones.
- Allowed greater space for Detail map names to be displayed.
- Corrected rare occurrence of long satellite acquisition time.
- Corrected issue with closed entry ramp traffic event avoidance.
- Corrected issue with editing the name of a Favorite that is created from GPS coordinates.
- Added back audio jack configuration setting.
- Other minor corrections and improvements
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Corrected additional postal code search issues that caused some results to be missed
- Corrected 'Eject' operation on Macintosh computers
- Added support for traffic in Canada
- Updated position of Garmin Europe facility
- Other minor corrections and improvements
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Corrected issue with use of postal codes in address searching that caused some results to be missed.
- Corrected pairing issue with some Bluetooth headset/helmets.
- Corrected issue that can cause Bluetooth Firmware updates to fail on some units.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 4.00:
- Updated to support new US Daylight Savings Time rules for 2007.
- Added QWERTY keyboard option.
- Added support for the modified drawing styles present in certain specialty maps.
- Added support for several voice languages. The voice files are available for download using WebUpdater.
- Improved address searching in the presence of multiple overlapping maps.
- The 'Better Route Available' traffic feature is now automated. In cases like road closures or extreme traffic, recalculation is automatic.
- When a route is active, show on-route traffic delay on the main map.
- When not routing, display indication of traffic ahead on main map and provide distance and type using voice.
- Emphasize relevant traffic on the main map by only showing traffic on your route or the road ahead of you.
- Other traffic interaction and presentation improvements.
- Other minor improvements and corrections.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.30:
- Added support for Dainese and Nolan Bluetooth helmets.
- Increased priority of Eastern European and other specialty map regions above City Navigator maps.
- Using the remote control PAGE key on the main map could cause the unit to restart.
- Recently entered Countries / States / Cities were sometimes not preserved in the Address Search wizard.
- Some addresses could not be found in European City Navigator v9.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Corrected weather detail page to show temperatures higher than 99º F.
- Corrected problem that could cause false 'better route available' alerts.
- Added support for Croatian, Greek, and Slovenian voices. These voices can be downloaded from this web page.
- Corrected some translations.
- Made improvements to text-to-speech to allow the spoken road name to match the name displayed on the StreetPilot.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #5 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Power your GPS using the power adapter that came with your device. Next, connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If a program called gStart launches during this update, please ignore it. gStart is not required to complete this update process.
- If your computer asks for a driver, you need to install the Garmin USB driver. Please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website.
- Click on 'Download' at the top of this web page, and choose to run the file on your computer. Select Run.
- Select OK, then select Setup.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.