Updates & Downloads
Spanner software version 2.1
as of February 8, 2007
View installation instructions
- Spanner allows you to use your GPS 18 USB with most NMEA 0183-compliant mapping programs. It adds a virtual com port interface to your GPS 18 so that you can send NMEA data to other programs.
- Spanner works only with GPS 18 software version 2.90 or later. Be sure to load the latest GPS 18 software before using this program.
- System Requirements - IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP operating system and an available USB port.
- WARNING: Windows Vista and Windows 7 are not supported by the Spanner software. For more information please search about this topic on Garmin's Customer Support site.
Changes made from version 2.0 to 2.1:
- Added support for Eastern European languages (Croatian, Czech, Greek,Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, and Turkish).
- Fixed issue where the connection to a device was occasionally dropped after several hours of operation.
- Click Download and save the file to your computer. Choose a location where you can easily locate the file, such as your My Documents folder or your C:\ drive.
- Uninstall any current version of Spanner that is already on your computer.
- Locate and double-click the recently downloaded file. The Win-Zip Self Extractor opens. This program compresses the data to allow you to download files quickly.
- A program window appears asking you where to unzip the files. Select a location where you can easily locate the file.
- Click Unzip.
- Locate and double-click the unzipped file to begin the installation process.
- Once the unzip process is complete, click Close to exit.