Updates & Downloads
KNA G520 software version 4.20
as of March 9, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Corrected new ICAO list overflow issue.
- Added support for maps greater than 2GB in size.
- Fixed stability issues when parsing bad weather county warning file.
- Updated to allow locking maps to UID from external media.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Added support for high-density SD cards to handle future map updates.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Fixed compatibility issue with 2010 Middle Eastern map.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Addressed rare issue with GXM antenna powerup.
- Added traffic provider for Belgium's Tmobilis service.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.80:
- Improved the way long map descriptions are displayed.
- Improved the way POI categories are displayed when using City Navigator Europe NT 2009 maps.
- Improved zip code search when using Singapore/Malaysia NT v3.00 maps.
- Improved search results when using Australia 2009 NT maps.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Fixed a problem where some SD map cards fail to unlock.
- Fixed a problem that made some roads in Australia show road numbers instead of names.
- Fixed a problem where the unit could speak incorrect names when using Middle Eastern maps.
- Fixed a problem where traffic in the UK would fail to display under some circumstances.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Corrected text issue when used with City Navigator Middle East v4 maps.
- Corrected problem when searching for some European addresses.
- Corrected shutdown associated with some custom POIs.
- Fixed extended postal code searching issue.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- Optimized off-route recalculation method.
- Changed off-route recalculation default to Auto( Silent ).
- Added functionality to allow turn-arrow on map page to repeat the next turn instruction.
- Improved address search functionality when using City Navigator Europe NT v9.
- Improved ability to pre-load current region as an option when searching for addresses.
- Improved DR performance.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.20:
- First dead reckoning calibration time improved.
- Added key beeps on screens with no internal beep function.
- Corrected problem that could make unit track satellites but never go to 2d, 3d or DR mode. This problem only happened on dead reckoning units and when the unit was off for less than 2 hours.
- Changed Autozoom to zoom out gradually.
- Decreased off route recalculate distance when dead reckoning.
- Improved better route available feature.
- Corrected some British English translations.
- Made airport icons smaller to declutter map.
- Added Turkish text language.
- Changed volume and map text size defaults.
- Improved map drawing performance when using Thin or Wide Map Data Fields.
- Add custom map data field for time and distance to next destination.
- Corrected problem that made traffic not work with SD card map updates.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.90:
- Added hardware beep functionality for displays that support it.
- Improved DR performance.
- Added QWERTY keyboard option.
- Fixed various shutdown problems.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Allow recovery of failed software update.
- Corrected problem that caused traffic recievers to not powerup.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on an SD data card (must be at least 16mb space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Make certain Hideaway Navigation System is off.
- Insert SD card into Hideaway Navigation System. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it.
- Turn on Hideaway Navigation system.
- Your Hideaway Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- Remove SD card.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or later operating system and an available SD card reader.