Updates & Downloads
KNA Series software version 4.20
as of March 9, 2012
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:
- Corrected new ICAO list overflow issue.
- Added support for maps greater than 2GB in size.
- Fixed stability issues when parsing bad weather county warning file.
- Updated to allow locking maps to UID from external media.
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
- Added support for high-density SD cards to handle future map updates.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:
- Fixed compatibility issue with 2010 Middle Eastern map.
Changes made from version 3.80 to 3.90:
- Addressed rare issue with GXM antenna powerup.
- Added traffic provider for Belgium's Tmobilis service.
- Addressed issue with MPC maps.
Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.80:
- Improved the way long map descriptions are displayed.
- Improved the way POI categories are displayed when using City Navigator Europe NT 2009 maps.
- Improved zip code search when using Singapore/Malaysia NT v3.00 maps.
- Improved search results when using Australia 2009 NT maps.
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
- Fixed a problem where some SD map cards fail to unlock.
- Fixed a problem that made some roads in Australia show road numbers instead of names.
- Fixed a problem where the unit could speak incorrect names when using Middle Eastern maps.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Fixed possible shutdown when receiving XM weather.
- Added Canadian XM traffic support.
- Updated Daylight Saving Time rules.
- Added Canadian RDS-TMC support.
- Corrected shutdown associated with some custom POIs.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- Optimized off-route recalculation method.
- Changed off-route recalculation default to Auto( Silent ).
- Added functionality to allow turn-arrow on map page to repeat the next turn instruction.
- Improved address search functionality when using City Navigator Europe NT v9.
- Improved ability to pre-load current region as an option when searching for addresses.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.20:
- Added key beeps on screens with no internal beep function.
- Changed Autozoom to zoom out gradually.
- Improved better route available feature.
- Corrected some British English translations.
- Made airport icons smaller to declutter map.
- Added Turkish text language.
- Changed volume and map text size defaults.
- Improved map drawing performance when using Thin or Wide Map Data Fields.
- Add custom map data field for time and distance to next destination.
- Corrected problem that made traffic not work with SD card map updates.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.90:
- Added hardware beep functionality for displays that support it.
- Added QWERTY keyboard option.
- Fixed various shutdown problems.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Allow recovery of failed software update.
- Corrected problem that caused traffic recievers to not powerup.
- Create a 'garmin' folder on an SD data card (must be at least 16mb space available on the card).
- Download the appropriate self-extracting archive file onto your hard drive.
- Run the downloaded executable file.
- Click on Browse and select the SD card reader in the list, then select the 'garmin' folder.
- Click Unzip to save the files onto the 'garmin' directory on the SD card.
- Wait for the message that the update was unzipped successfully and close the updater.
- Safely remove SD card from PC.
- Make certain Hideaway Navigation System is off.
- Insert SD card into Hideaway Navigation System. If there is already a card there, temporarily remove it.
- Turn on Hideaway Navigation system.
- Your Hideaway Navigation System will ask if you would like to update software. Answer 'Yes'.
- The update will begin. Do not power off unit while the update is in progress. When finished you can verify the update by checking the version number in Menu->Settings->About->Software.
- Remove SD card.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available SD card reader.