Updates & Downloads
eTrex Vista Cx software version 3.40
as of December 3, 2009
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Fix tracks snap to roads issue when 'Lock On Road' is off.
- Fix minutes to hours roll over issue.
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
- Correct disorderly waypoint data index in previous version.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fix potential lock up when SD card installed.
- Fix the contour data intermittently drawing over interstates of Topo Map.
- Improve the blue shading color when using the setting 'Marine colors' in Daytime display mode.
- Fix incorrect highlight index at unit field in 'Area Calculation' page after select reset in menu.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Correct time scale of altimeter chart.
- Add support for maps greater than 2 GB.
- Increase precision of user grid input field.
- Disable the calculation message when GPS is off.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Fix Marine map POI issue.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Correct German translation of 'delete all waypoints'.
- Fix data card unlock failure when 2 cards of the same map set are used in one device.
- Improve sun times for polar regions.
- Fix issue where ETA in non motor vehicle modes can be unreasonably short.
- Increase precision of distance measurement to the cursor on the map page.
- Allow backlight adjustment on the track back point selection page.
- Fix shutdown when editing Estonian Grid coordinates.
- Correct daylight saving time for New Zealand.
- Improve selection of the names of cross roads with NT maps.
- Correct potential shutdown when viewing a vertical profile.
- Correct European word translation of 'Find' and 'Mark'.
- Support multiple languages in American version.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Fix potential shutdown when searching UK extended postal codes.
- Ensure that all UK extended postal code search results are shown.
- Enable the Quit button function on the geocache compass page.
- Change number of lines of text in the address field on map feature review page from 4 to 6.
- Improve robustness when recovering from a partial map load.
- Added better compatibility with Mac computers in USB mass storage mode.
- Improved pedestrian route calculation for shortest distance method.
- Added ability to recalculate a direct goto route.
- Fix issue where MPC maps could potentially cause a shutdown.
- Address issue where nearest points search would skip some points.
- Changed datum used in the SWEREF 99TM grid to GRS80.
- Changed datum used in the Estonian grid to GRS80.
- Correct the Swiss grid calculation.
- Fix potential shutdown when using TOPO West 1999.
- Fix potential shutdown on track setup for data card when track log files have long file names.
- Corrected French translation for 'Log track points'.
- Improved promptness of the turn review page.
- Fix potential shutdown when propagating in a cul-de-sac across a map boundary.
- Added more time zones.
- Add A905/D900 unlock code communication protocol.
- Make route recalculation on MPC maps behave like City Navigator maps.
- Remove lithium ion as a battery choice.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Updated daylight saving time dates.
- Add capability for 2 wide data fields on map, compass, and highway pages.
- Add capability for 1 wide data fields on map page.
- Add data card information page.
- Add selectable alarms for proximity waypoints and custom POI.
- Improve labeling and scanning of custom POI on the map page.
- Add capability to see vertical profile of an autoroute using DEM topo data.
- Fixed issue with incorrect dates showing when editing the data field for Sun & Moon page and Hunt & Fish page.
- Fixed issue where invalid find menu options could show when using the Auto Order feature.
- Fixed issue where route names would be converted to upper case during editing.
- Fixed issue where invalid related software can be selected when using the WebUpdater.
- Fixed issue where keyboard characters won't update when editing the Welcome message.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.60:
- Fixed problem of shutdown when viewing map Topo Great Britain v2.
- Improved drawing of lines for MPC maps.
- Reduced variation in battery gauge indicator.
- Fixed display scrolling issues when searching for roads.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.50:
- Add ability to put unit into USB mass storage mode via the interface setup page to facilitate copying track files from data card to PC.
- Improved the stability of MicroSD card data read and write.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improve path nighttime color for map Topo Great Britian v2.
- Add feature to save active track log to file on data card.
- Enhance layout and functionality of tide station chart information.
- Add new time zones for major cities in the U.S. and Europe.
- Fix UTC offset for Las Vegas time zone.
- Improve reset function of timer lap distance.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Improve stability of unit after loading a large map set.
- Increase loadable maps to 2025.
- Enhance visibility of paths in map Topo Great Britian v2.
- Fix potential lockup on Welcome screen when the track log has been turned off and cleared and then the unit is powered off and back on.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If your computer asks for a driver, please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website at www.garmin.com.
- Open the C:\Garmin folder (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
- You should see the name of your GPS device next to the 'USB Device' option on the Updater program window. Select the 'USB Device' option, then click on 'OK' on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB or Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.
- PC Interface Cable for your GPS unit. The PC Interface Cable may be purchased through your local Garmin distributor or ordered direct from our Online Store.