Updates & Downloads
Edge 305 software version 3.20
as of May 4, 2007
View installation instructions and system requirements
- NOTE: If upgrading from a software version less than 2.30 all user data will be cleared.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Changed History By Week display to show dates from Sunday to Saturday, not Sunday to Sunday.
- Fixed problem where improper conversion could cause scheduled workouts to appear on the wrong day in some time zones.
- Fixed problem where Mark and Lap setting would sometimes not autolap off of course laps.
- Improved course logic for multiple paths over the same geographic area such as out-and-back courses.
- Fixed USB problem with Macintosh computers.
- Fixed problem that would occasionally cause SiRF version to go to 0 when updating from some computers.
- Do not add 0 cadence values into the average cadence.
- Fixed problem where Pause Distance would not update.
- Additional corrections to smooth elevation when START is pressed.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Realigned Low Battery message with the battery gauge changes in 3.00.
- Updated Daylight Saving Time for new start and end date in the U.S.
- Added new time zones for Mexico.
- Updated Lap By Position so that when following a Course, laps are also triggered based on all lap positions from the original Course.
- Allow Distance Ahead field to be selected for display at the top of the Course page.
- Fixed bug where Max Heart Rate displayed for the Course could be incorrect.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Improved the accuracy of the battery gauge.
- Improved Virtual Partner to move smoothly between course track points on the map.
- Improved workout By Date view.
- Fixed problem where multiple messages at the same time could sound the same alert tone.
- Fixed problem where some course tracks could be drawn incorrectly.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Corrected problem where Edge could lock up if the track log filled up while the map page was displayed.
- Eliminate possible large jump in elevation value on START button press.
- Fixed problem where unit could store incorrect stopwatch time if powered down while timer was autopaused.
- Changed compass page display to show Distance and Time to Final, rather than to Next when doing a tracback.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Improve accuracy of vertical speed and grade.
- Add feature to preview course map and course profile.
- Allow user to select course specific fields on the top half of the course timer page.
- Fix problem where today's scheduled workouts would not display if the local date was different than the UTC date.
- Fix problem where track log would not display in history if the timer was started without a GPS fix.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- Fixed problem that could occur when changing data fields for the first time in some languages.
- Added ability to navigate 'Back to Start' from Navigation menu.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- Fix problem with invalid heartrate being shown in Training Center.
- Don't allow elevation data like Total Ascent and Descent to update while Autopaused.
- Don't report lack of GPS in battery charge mode.
- Fix problem with constantly reporting On Course and Off Course on some Course tracks.
- Stop current Course after new Course download.
- Break up track log into seperate pieces after turning the unit off and back on.
- Clear Course from map after stopping Course.
- Add Lap Time to the Lap Complete display.
- Fixed problem with heart rate alarm going off when heart monitor was not present.
- Added ability to update GPS firmware through WebUpdater.
- Improved calorie calculation to add calories from hill climbs.
- Fixed a potential USB issue by resetting USB interrupt after too many repeats.
- Improved high pace, low pace, workout step complete, time alert, and distance alert beeps.
- Allow ENTER key to cycle through Bike Computer screens.
- Updated Finnish and Danish translations.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved Courses to function off of location based logic. When doing a Course the user is now matched to a position along the Course based on location and heading. Allows users to join Courses at any point during their ride and have the Course synchronized to their position.
- Changed to allow Autolap in Courses.
- Show Compass page with guidance when doing a Course.
- Add 'Distance to Next' and 'Time to Next' fields on the Compass page.
- Disabled redundant Alerts during Workouts.
- Keep GPS page in page loop if there is no GPS fix.
- Allow editing of the position and elevation when marking a location.
- Add ability to find nearest locations and to delete all.
- Add ability to put GPS in Autolocate mode by holding DOWN when powering on.
- Add quick settings lists to Quick Workout setup.
- Add Warmup and Cooldown to Interval Training feature.
- Seperated the distance and elevation units setup values.
- Fix problem that could occur on workout lists from too many Workouts or Workout Steps.
- Fix problem where calories would sometimes not reset after upload to Training Center.
- Fix problem with distance not updating and track not recording if unit was powered down while plugged into USB, and then powered back on without ever being disconnected.
- Fix problem with Autopause not working when set to 0 or stopped.
- Fix problem with potential slowdown and lockup on Altimeter page.
- Fix problem with reporting invalid cadence values when sensor not present.
- Added support for nRoute.
- Added Slovakian and Slovenian Languages.
- Updated translations.
- Fix problem where multiple cadence sensors not being stored off for separate bike profiles.
- Power off USB pins when not connected.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Fixed problem where data corruption could occur when track history fills up and the device deletes the oldest track data to make room for new track data.
- Fixed problem that could occur with uploading Courses to Training Center if some Courses had been deleted from the device.
- Improved colors on Virtual Partner displays.
- Made Course and Workout conclusion messages stay up longer.
- Improved alignment of Course elevation profile with user distance.
- Increased delay before repeating zoom keys on map.
- Improved handling of Courses received from Training Center that were created from Forerunner 201/301 tracks.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the 'My Documents' folder or to 'C:\'.
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to 'Un-zip' the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled 'Un-zip'.
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the 'Close' button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Open the C:\Garmin (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a USB cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- Click on the 'OK' button on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.