Updates & Downloads
Roadtech Quest software version 3.70
as of January 16, 2006
View installation instructions and system requirements
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.70:
- Added audio support for Portuguese.
- Corrected shutdown problem with destination on roundabout.
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:
- Improvements to power management.
- Improvements to tracklog to provide more representative tracks.
- Updated various translations.
Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.40:
- Added support for version 3.00 audio languages.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.30:
- Improved city searches to include the entire state name if an abbreviated version is not determined.
- Added ability to view depth markings on BlueChart data in preferred units.
- Corrected transfer of custom waypoint symbols from MapSource to the Quest.
- Corrected display of large German cardinal letters on the Map page.
- Added the display of tide stations.
- Improved ability to search addresses that contain extended (alphanumeric) house numbers.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Corrected problem that allowed certain waypoint symbols to change when updating from software version 2.80 or earlier.
- Corrected various translations.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Added motorcycle mount ear bud volume control.
- Prevented incorrect displaying of loader loading while navigating.
- Corrected address search issue when using old maps.
- Resolved many text language-dependent shutdowns.
- Made routes with via points retain their via points if a detour is requested.
- Allow car and car repair symbols to be used for user waypoint symbols.
- Resolved issue with the Turn Review page display oriented incorrectly with no route line.
- Resolved issue with bearing field display diamonds (text language dependent).
- Resolved sporadic shutdowns while navigating.
- Fixed issue with the South Indonesian grid.
Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.80:
- Fixed issues relating to having the Portuguese and French languages selected.
- Fixed case where 'address find' returned no results because selected city was not in the selected region.
- Fixed issue reading map data.
- Improved robustness of the containing search.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #9 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Click on "Download" and choose to save the file to your computer.
- Choose a location where you can easily locate the file by saving it to a location such as the "My Documents" folder or to "C:\".
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it. This will launch the Win-Zip Self Extractor. This program compresses the data to allow for a faster download of the needed files.
- A program window will appear asking you where to "Un-zip" the files. This is by default C:\Garmin. You can change this location if you like. Be sure to note where the un-zipped files are going to allow you to find them!
- Click on the button labeled "Un-zip".
- Once the un-zip process is complete, click on the "Close" button to exit the Win-Zip Self Extractor.
- Connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If your computer asks for a driver, please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website at www.garmin.com.
- Open the C:\Garmin folder (or other folder where you un-zipped the files), locate the file named 'Updater' and double click on it.
- You should see the name of your GPS device next to the 'USB Device' option on the Updater program window. Select the 'USB Device' option, then click on 'OK' on the Updater program window to start the data transfer.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.