Updates & Downloads
StreetPilot 2730 software version 7.20
as of January 14, 2008
View installation instructions and system requirements
- If after updating your system software your GPS displays 'Incompatible Audio Version', please update your voice software using this link.
- Reverting to previous software revisions will clear all user data.
Changes made from version 7.10 to 7.20:
- Corrected issue where certain Format 4 Audible books failed to play
- Improved coordinate waypoint support
- Improved MP3 playback
- Improved the appearance of text on map when a route is active
- Improved appearance of long map names on Detail Maps Page
- Corrected issue with displaying certain road names in Australia
- Improved GPS satellite acquisition time
- Improved display of custom map symbols in search results
- Improved accuracy of POI search results
Changes made from version 7.00 to 7.10:
- Corrected postal code search issue that caused some results to be missed
- Corrected 'Eject' operation on Macintosh computers
- Added support for traffic in Canada
- Updated position of Garmin Europe facility
- Other minor corrections and improvements
Changes made from version 6.40 to 7.00:
- Updated to support new US Daylight Savings Time rules for 2007.
- Added QWERTY keyboard option.
- Added support for the modified drawing styles present in certain specialty maps.
- Added support for several voice languages. The voice files are available for download using WebUpdater.
- Improved address searching in the presence of multiple overlapping maps.
- The 'Better Route Available' traffic feature is now automated. In cases like road closures or extreme traffic, recalculation is automatic.
- When a route is active, show on-route traffic delay on the main map.
- When not routing, display indication of traffic ahead on main map and provide distance and type using voice.
- Emphasize relevant traffic on the main map by only showing traffic on your route or the road ahead of you.
- Other traffic interaction and presentation improvements.
- Other minor improvements and corrections.
Changes made from version 6.30 to 6.40:
- Increased priority of Eastern European and other specialty map regions above City Navigator maps.
- Some addresses could not be found in European City Navigator v9.
- Using the remote control PAGE key on the main map could cause the unit to restart.
- Recently entered Countries / States / Cities were sometimes not preserved in the Address Search wizard.
Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.30:
- Routes calculated in the UK and other drive-on-left areas were sometimes less than optimal.
- Address Searcher sometimes didn't auto-populate the state (US) or country (EU) field using GPS location.
- Some pages in the product didn't show a highlight when using the remote control.
- Minor changes to improve City Navigator North America v8.0 compatibility.
Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.20:
- Corrected weather detail page to show temperatures higher than 99º F.
- Corrected some translation errors in the British English text language.
- Corrected problem that could cause false 'better route available' alerts.
- Added support for Croatian, Greek, and Slovenian voices. These voices can be downloaded from this web page.
- Alert Tone volume is now controlled by the 'Voice' volume level.
Changes made from version 6.00 to 6.10:
- Minor improvements and corrections.
Changes made from version 5.00 to 6.00:
- Added support for North American City Navigator 8.0.
- Added direct coordinate entry support.
- Don't announce traffic ahead for low severity traffic.
- Reduced skips in MP3 and Audio Book playback.
- Distances shown on Custom POI search page now indicate distance to 'Near' reference point when searching near a different location than 'Here'.
- Added support for Hungarian and Polish voices.
- Added support for TourGuides. See this link for more information.
Changes made from version 4.50 to 5.00:
- Turn instructions in European product now use blue background instead of green.
- Always display turn arrow on turn instructions with at least a 30° angle so it is easier to see which way to turn.
- Added special map that is dedicated to displaying traffic information: Menu > Tools > Traffic Info > Traffic Map.
- Improved display of traffic on the traffic review page's map.
- Added the option to use a Western European keyboard.
- Changed location of Delete and Shift keys on keyboard.
- Added more keys to numeric keyboard.
- Reduced the number of green city dots that are displayed on map by default.
- Display map data fields type (normal, thin, wide, none) as a list instead of having to cycle through the different types.
- Removed 'Pedestrian' option from vehicle type in navigation settings.
- Added audio map data fields.
- Added support for Flemish and Czech pre-recorded voices.
- Corrected numbers between 101 and 199 for Spanish pre-recorded voice.
- Corrected Finnish pre-recorded voice to remove excessive use of word 'jälkeen'.
- Added support for custom splash screens using xImage.
- Changed to draw topo lines correctly on topographic maps.
Changes made from version 4.40 to 4.50:
- Corrected route guidance that would sometimes use the destination in each turn instruction.
- General improvements to route guidance instructions.
- Various text corrections.
- Removed unnecessary route recalculation sometimes observed when exiting a tunnel.
- Corrected issue with missing turn preparation prompts when driving slowly.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.40:
- Corrected some issues with the pre-recorded (non-TTS) German voice.
- Initial spoken guidance was sometimes omitted when entering the first street of a route. This has been corrected.
- Improved the appearance of proximity alerts on the main map.
- Corrected an issue with entering an invalid street during an address search.
- Corrected an issue with the 'Select Highway' option of the exit search.
- Only ask to recalculate a route once when in 'Prompted' route recalculation mode.
- Added an 'Edit Route' button to the Turn List page.
- Improved street searches with diacritic characters.
- It is recommended that you disable screen savers or other programs running on your PC while you go through the update process. Disruptions to the update process may render your GPS inoperable. If the transfer is interrupted, turn off the GPS and then turn it back on. Reboot your PC, go to step #5 and attempt the download again. GARMIN is not responsible for failed downloads of operating software to the GPS and factory resetting the GPS unit will fall under our Flat Rate Repair Policy.
- Power your GPS using the power adapter that came with your device. Next, connect your GPS to your computer using a GARMIN PC Interface cable to an open USB port. Turn the GPS on.
- If a program called gStart launches during this update, please ignore it. gStart is not required to complete this update process.
- If your computer asks for a driver, you need to install the Garmin USB driver. Please see the software and installation instructions that came with your device, or download and install the USB driver from Garmin's website.
- Click on 'Download' at the top of this web page, and choose to run the file on your computer. Select Run.
- Select OK, then select Setup.
- IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.